Tricks to Tendering on Valor

NCEdwards4

A group of us will be on the Valor on Feb 5th. We've booked 2 tours with private companies, one in Belize, and another in Grand Cayman. I've read that you will not be able to get off the boat early unless a tour is booked with Carnival. Does anyone have any advice on getting off the boat early?

We dock in Grand Cayman at 7am, do the tenders start that early? What about Belize, when do they start there?

Thanks for any help!

I had this same question before my Valor cruise last Feb. So, this answer is coming from experience on this same tricky issue:

I got up really early (about an hour before tender tix opened- can't remember the time exactly) and I was w/in the first few in line. I got my tix no problem- and was w/in the first group out.

You may get responses "just wait and you'll get off only a few minutes later" or "people with later tix just jump in line anyway" or whatever- but I wouldn't take any chances. The only negative is you have to get up an hour earlier- so what. You'll have the security in knowing you're not going to miss your excursion.

Have fun!

A group of us will be on the Valor on Feb 5th. We've booked 2 tours with private companies, one in Belize, and another in Grand Cayman. I've read that you will not be able to get off the boat early unless a tour is booked with Carnival. Does anyone have any advice on getting off the boat early?

We dock in Grand Cayman at 7am, do the tenders start that early? What about Belize, when do they start there?

Thanks for any help!

NC,

Unless you have a very early excursion, there isn't much open or to do in George Town until about 8:30 or so, when things seemed like they were starting to open up. To answer your question, while they did make us wait for the CCL excursions, the wait was only about 20 minutes or so.

Have fun and bring a fat wallet, as George Town isn't cheap if you plan on eating on shore, etc.;)

Would be interested in knowing if non-Carnival excursions get any sort of priority with tendering.

There is no priority for non-carnival excursions, this is why I won't take any chances. And keep in mind- the excursion you book wants to wait w/in reason for you. Just try to get a good ticket and get off the ship asap, and you should have no problems.

What are the best times to return to the ship? When do return tenders start to get long lines?

I guess this depends on the excursion. If you're at the tender dock- there's gonna be a long line, but they're not going to leave you if you're in line. I gave myself 45 minutes before the ship left and had no issues. Probably a good idea to ask the ship staff this one though.

My husband and I were on the Valor western itin. in October. We also had excursions booked with other companies in Grand Cayman and Belize. If we had waited to get off the boat after the Carnival excursions, we would have been late. We went down to the bottom level of the Ivanhoe Theater (this is where all tendering begins on the Valor) and spoke with the employees that were making the tendering announcements. I showed them the printed confirmations from the other companies stating the time that we needed to meet them. They gave us stickers that allowed us to tender with the early Carnival excursions. For example in Belize, we tendered with other passengers that were going cavetubing with Carnival.

I agree with a previous poster---if you plan on eating in Grand Cayman be prepared to pay some money. We had 2 appetizers and 2 drinks at the resturant across from the pier and paid around $45 USD with tip. Def. not a good exchange rate in Cayman.:D

Thanks for any help!

Had no problem getting of with the first boat on Victory last month in GC with non-Carnival tour

My husband and I were on the Valor western itin. in October. We also had excursions booked with other companies in Grand Cayman and Belize. If we had waited to get off the boat after the Carnival excursions, we would have been late. We went down to the bottom level of the Ivanhoe Theater (this is where all tendering begins on the Valor) and spoke with the employees that were making the tendering announcements. I showed them the printed confirmations from the other companies stating the time that we needed to meet them. They gave us stickers that allowed us to tender with the early Carnival excursions. For example in Belize, we tendered with other passengers that were going cavetubing with Carnival.

we did the same thing :)

The Belize tenders are big and fast. As long as you get to the theatre on time, you should be okay. Be extra careful with the Grand Cayman tenders, though, because the whole process takes quite a bit longer. I got overconfident after Belize, and almost missed my excursion on GC.

Plan accordingly and get there early is my best advice.

Archived