Serious Question-what's the attraction of pool side chairs that people "hog?"

However, I do disagree with the idea that spots should be reserved for people with kids. If parents are actually "watching" their children that are in the pool, the parents shouldn't be lounging.

I agree that they shouldn't be reserved for only those with children. I think the solution, even though NCL or other cruise lines don't want to accept it, is that they set up a system where the loungers are checked on and if anything is left for a certain time limit, the stuff is removed and the lounger is left open for others to use. It is really not that hard, but it will only be done if they really care.

So, anyone not cruising with children will not be allowed to use the pool or the immediate area??? :confused:

No, not at all. Of course they would be allowed to use the pool and even the immediate area. But it's like on a bus where there is priority seating for seniors and riders with disabilities. You can sit there, but if some needs the seat to watch their kids, know that you have to move.

Of course, this is just spit-balling. It's not going to happen and I could see it being abused if it was.

NCL doesn't allow kids in the main pool, so keeping an eye on kids isn't really applicable.

We cruise, usually it's a group of at least 14 of us ranging in age from 9-63. Most of the group likes being in the sun, but I don't, but we all like being near the pool. On the Breakaway class ships I tend to take a seat that's under the covered area of the pool deck.

On sea days, we're up early, change for the pool head to the buffet for breakfast and grab our chairs. When we leave we don't save the chairs like many others try to. These are the worst people on a cruise. A group that usually sends one person (whomever wakes up early to get their morning coffee) to drop towels to save seats for a group that doesn't come up until noon. On my last cruise (3 years ago) I did notice NCL staffers being more diligent when it comes to not allowing chair saving. We're sailing on the Escape in August, so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Here's the end to poolside hogging - "these spots reserved for parents/grandparents (etc) with children using the pool". Kinda like at the supermarket the pregnancy parking spots. Those are the people who NEED to be there!

Why does someone NEED to have poolside chairs if they have kids? My kids are older now but when I needed to watch my kids at the pool, I either sat around the edge of the actual pool or I got in. :)

Personally, I don’t like to sit right next to the pool. Too crowded and too many kids running around that area. I do, however, like to sit in view of the pool for the provided entertainment and people watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums