Minibus to lighthouse

PizzaFryGirl

While reading the threads on this Bermuda board I see that bus service is not really reliable right now. Is there a minibus that goes to Gibb's Hill lighthouse? I know that minibuses go to the beach at Horse shoe bay which isn't too far. But my parents are older so I don't know if they could handle walking to the lighthouse and then walking up the steps. Anyone have any ideas about how they could visit the lighthouse and then the beach by minibus? Thanks.

There's no mini bus to the lighthouse...unless you can convince one of the mini bus drivers to take you there on their way to Horseshoe Bay, but that would still require your getting transportation later from the lighthouse to Horseshoe Bay.

If your parents can't handle a lot of walking then IMO it doesn't make a lot of sense to go to the lighthouse anyway since they wouldn't be able to climb it. The main attraction is the view you can get from the top of the lighthouse.

If you really want to go I'd suggest first taking a taxi to the lighthouse and then a taxi from there to the beach.

Okay, thanks.

My dad wouldn't have a problem climbing the stairs and since he's the only one who wants to see the view I thought that my mom (who has a bad knee but loves to shop) could visit the gift shop while my dad went up.