Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

IF (again, big) there was a crime the timeline is critical in placing suspects in the vicinity (opportunity) at the time of the crime. Pirate is dead on, as usual, in that most everyone's account is tainted by their recollection of the time/events and their own personal goal of avoiding suspicion. RCI has released details on some events that include specific times. Because of all of the allegations against them that are flying around, I think it is a safe bet that any time they associate with an event can be verified by tangible evidence. Therefore, I am taking any of RCI's stated times and events to be absolute. Any other events HAD to happen around those specific times. For example, there HAD to be noise from multiple people coming from the room at 4:05AM when Clete called the noise complaint. If there were actually two visits to the room by GS & company, this had to either be before the search for JHS or after. Greer states that the first visit was noisy, but the second one after the search was not. This would put the search for JHS between 4:05 and 4:30, if it occured at all. Interestingly, Greer seems intent on having his client OUT of the room by 4:00AM. The facts just do not support this. Clete clearly saw 3 men leaving the room AFTER the 4:05 call to security. My best guess is that they either did not actually leave the room to search for JHS, or that they did this before 4:00AM and the return to the room afterwards was not as quiet, short, and gentle as Josh describes. I wonder why Greer is very specific that Josh & company were gone from the room before 4:00. Maybe he knows more about when the "event" actually happened and needs to manipulate the timing to get his client as far away as possible.

The next morning, there were 3 guests being paged - GS, JHS, and one more. I have never heard RCI say who the third party was, but they did say there was an "affiliation" with the Smiths. It now appears that that third person was probably Josh. He did not respond to the paging, but the security check at the gangway "buzzed" him as he was trying to leave the ship. VERY INTERESTING. He hears "George Smith, Jennifer Smith, Josh Askin, please call guest services" being anounced repeatedly. What does he do? Your basic "I'm outta here." I have always wondered why he was the only one of the 4 men seen in the company of GS that had to go down to the Turkish police. This is probably the reason. He was the only one acting suspiciously. It certainly explains why he was in Marie's office when JHS went in. Marie was being PC in saying that he came in own his own. She did not want to say that security brought him in.

Oh well, Josh seems to be the guy who is covering up something. He may not be directly responsible for George's demise, but I think he knows a lot more about it than possibly anyone else.

IF (again, big) there was a crime the timeline is critical in placing suspects in the vicinity (opportunity) at the time of the crime. Pirate is dead on, as usual, in that most everyone's account is tainted by their recollection of the time/events and their own personal goal of avoiding suspicion. RCI has released details on some events that include specific times. Because of all of the allegations against them that are flying around, I think it is a safe bet that any time they associate with an event can be verified by tangible evidence. Therefore, I am taking any of RCI's stated times and events to be absolute. Any other events HAD to happen around those specific times. For example, there HAD to be noise from multiple people coming from the room at 4:05AM when Clete called the noise complaint. If there were actually two visits to the room by GS & company, this had to either be before the search for JHS or after. Greer states that the first visit was noisy, but the second one after the search was not. This would put the search for JHS between 4:05 and 4:30, if it occured at all. Interestingly, Greer seems intent on having his client OUT of the room by 4:00AM. The facts just do not support this. Clete clearly saw 3 men leaving the room AFTER the 4:05 call to security. My best guess is that they either did not actually leave the room to search for JHS, or that they did this before 4:00AM and the return to the room afterwards was not as quiet, short, and gentle as Josh describes. I wonder why Greer is very specific that Josh & company were gone from the room before 4:00. Maybe he knows more about when the "event" actually happened and needs to manipulate the timing to get his client as far away as possible.

The next morning, there were 3 guests being paged - GS, JHS, and one more. I have never heard RCI say who the third party was, but they did say there was an "affiliation" with the Smiths. It now appears that that third person was probably Josh. He did not respond to the paging, but the security check at the gangway "buzzed" him as he was trying to leave the ship. VERY INTERESTING. He hears "George Smith, Jennifer Smith, Josh Askin, please call guest services" being anounced repeatedly. What does he do? Your basic "I'm outta here." I have always wondered why he was the only one of the 4 men seen in the company of GS that had to go down to the Turkish police. This is probably the reason. He was the only one acting suspiciously. It certainly explains why he was in Marie's office when JHS went in. Marie was being PC in saying that he came in own his own. She did not want to say that security brought him in.

Oh well, Josh seems to be the guy who is covering up something. He may not be directly responsible for George's demise, but I think he knows a lot more about it than possibly anyone else.

I agree, but according to the account I posted the other day, Josh said that he went out to the hallway, and told the steward, that he might want to go knock on GS's door, as he had been drinking late the night before, so he knew before he ever went to get off of the ship that they were looking for the Smith's. But he was going on with his family, to get off the ship........maybe he did just want to get away from the ship.

Too, Josh supposedly only got back to his room at 5:00-5:30, so he didn't get much sleep that night.......

There has been a lot of talk about Josh and the 3 Russians being possible suspects to what happened to George. The question that is bugging me is .....What would be any of their motives???? :confused:

Well, if you believe the media spin, it's about money. I don't think that's it though........

I don't know Josh has just struck me as a typical middle class kid with no smarts for this type of situation. Then again I don't have the FBI skills that Jaci has (ha)

Now I might get slammed for "racial profiling" on this but here goes. The "Russians" are first generation American from Brighton Beach NY. Parents were Russian immigrants. By all accounts these young men are heavy partiers with no adult supervision and we all know how expensive a Med cruise can be. Seems awfully pricey for first generation immigrants. Why do the words Russian Mafia keep creeping into my head? In my mind it explains a lot of the behavior, the roughness of these young men and the lack of morals they exhibit.

Have you been to Brighton Beach? They actually are quite typical of the people there. So yes you have seen too many Soprano's. Not all Italians are Mafia and not All Russians are in the Russian Mofia:eek: They all come off sounding tougher than they really are.

I agree, but according to the account I posted the other day, Josh said that he went out to the hallway, and told the steward, that he might want to go knock on GS's door, as he had been drinking late the night before, so he knew before he ever went to get off of the ship that they were looking for the Smith's. But he was going on with his family, to get off the ship........maybe he did just want to get away from the ship.

Too, Josh supposedly only got back to his room at 5:00-5:30, so he didn't get much sleep that night.......

Wouldn't that stateroom attendant also recognize Josh as the third person who had been paged by the ship?

No, it wouldn't make you look like an idiot, not to me anyway. It would tell me that you are exercising your right to free unrestrained thinking, and freedom of speech, even in this hyper-sensitive politically correct society we live in. It has nothing to do with bigotry in my mind. Not even related. Wolfie may have been stereotyping, but was not being a bigot. Not in my view anyway.

I got the inference, as I'm sure everyone else did.

It does make him prejudiced... pre judging based on a stereotype- I have no way of knowing whether the Brighton Beach people are Russian Mafia. There is a difference between free speech and slander/liiable. Its like all Italians are Mafia or all Poles are dumb. It prejudges without any knowlegde and frankly its wrong. To say that just because they are first generation, Russians they can't afford a Med Cruise is just plain ignorant.

Tonight on Greta, they said they have confirmed 3 spots where blood was found in the room. On a towel and a tissue in the bathroom and a smudged fingerprint on the sheets.

I'm saying it is George's from a nosebleed, which is why he had to change his shirt.

If it is anyone else's, it's a whole new ballgame!!

ABC Primetime.....what a disgusting, unfair, inaccurate story this is. I wrote and told them that they kept stating RCI, and that they NEVER mentioned the actual name of the ship Ms. carver went misisng on, or the Celebrity name!!!! To me, that's not right! They should have acknowledged that while RCI owns Celebrity, they have totally different management groups & companies.

I also told them that I thought this was just another lame attempt to spew venom at RCI, and the cruise industry in general.(in not so nice words)

I finally told them, "now if you will excuse me, I have a cruise to book, ON RCI"............

God I HATE biased reporting!!!:mad:

ABC Primetime.....what a disgusting, unfair, inaccurate story this is. I wrote and told them that they kept stating RCI, and that they NEVER mentioned the actual name of the ship Ms. carver went misisng on, or the Celebrity name!!!! To me, that's not right! They should have acknowledged that while RCI owns Celebrity, they have totally different management groups & companies.

I also told them that I thought this was just another lame attempt to spew venom at RCI, and the cruise industry in general.(in not so nice words)

I finally told them, "now if you will excuse me, I have a cruise to book, ON RCI"............

God I HATE that type of reporting!!!:mad:

DITTO!!!!!!!!

Wonder which "friend" Rusty's attorney keeps referring to especially when the rape allegation was mentioned? The friend called Rusty and his older brother in their cabin to bring a video recorder.Can I assume Josh since everyone else was related?

It does make him prejudiced... pre judging based on a stereotype- I have no way of knowing whether the Brighton Beach people are Russian Mafia. There is a difference between free speech and slander/liiable. Its like all Italians are Mafia or all Poles are dumb. It prejudges without any knowlegde and frankly its wrong. To say that just because they are first generation, Russians they can't afford a Med Cruise is just plain ignorant.

I'm not going to split hairs with you on this, but I disagree. I think our society has taken this whole PC thing to extreme levels. Stereotyping, in my mind, is NOT the same as prejudiced/bigotry.

I know a little about slander/libel too. Wolfie said, and I quote, "in my mind", which means she is stating her opinion, and having done that, there would be no slander, which is actually spoken word, so, really, if there were an issue, it would be libel. Which there's not. You can say anything you want about someone legally, if you state it in your opinion.

Back to the topic.................

I'm not going to split hairs with you on this, but I disagree. I think our society has taken this whole PC thing to extreme levels. Stereotyping, in my mind, is NOT the same as prejudiced/bigotry.

I know a little about slander/libel too. Wolfie said, and I quote, "in my mind", which means she is stating her opinion, and having done that, there would be no slander, which is actually spoken word, so, really, if there were an issue, it would be libel. Which there's not. You can say anything you want about someone legally, if you state it in your opinion.

Back to the topic.................

Which topic are we on?

How about the lame reporting by ABC????????

What a joke that was........splashing RCI logos all over the story about the Carver lady, and not ONE X anywhere........I am really disgusted...

Glad I have been out looking for myself for so long then, hey if you happen to see me would you send me home! LOL

When they were reinacting the George Smith story on RCCL it looked more like the interior of a Carnival ship. It has been a while since on RCCL but just an observation which made the story less reliable in my eyes.

There was absolutely NO continuity to it at all. I never watch ABC, and now it's abundantly clear to me, why I don't. Jeez, they made Rita, and Joe look like pikers in the reporting arena.:rolleyes:

Archived