Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

No offense meant to you. I think it is no more demeaning than the references to us U.S. southerners as "rednecks". I have found that it is better to not take ourselves so seriously and to be able to laugh at ourselves a little once in a while. Obviously things can be carried too far and that should be avoided. Frankly, I think the Mr. Moto reference is a caricature and is not meant to be offensive to a group of people.

Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the cable guy, and the rest of the Blue Collar comedy tour are making a pretty good living making fun of us southerners. I watch and laugh along, because as Larry says “I don’t care who you are, that’s funny right there.”

Personally, I hope Mr. Moto can "Git 'er done.";)

And I am one who thinks there is a bit of redneck in all of us, regardless of social stature.;) :D

And I am one who thinks there is a bit of redneck in all of us, regardless of social stature.;) :D

Hey, if you ain't got a little redneck in you, you ain't no fun!:D

A friend of mine from New Jersey (yes, we are infested with Yankees around here), asked me if I new the difference between a Carolina redneck and a N.J. redneck. Never having spent much time in N.J. I said no. Best he could tell, the main difference is that you can't fit a shotgun rack in a Trans Am.

Another neighbor from the northeast opined as to why al lthe NASCAR teams are now hiring a lot of their crew from the northeast. She says it is because "back home they can strip a car in under 30 seconds, so they make a really fast pit crew."

People are pretty much the same everywhere. A sense of humor is one of the best tools for getting through this life. NEVER take yourself too seriously!

Indeed, this from bushy. I have been checking that board out for a while and like this one, there are some wild theories, rumors, etc. That is actually part of the fascination with this story. As stated, sometimes rumor turns out to be fact, so I thought I would introduce that tidbit over here to see what the buzz would be. Apparently, not much. JHS on Opra seems to be a bigger topic.

IF, indeed, there was a swipe of JHS seapass any time between 2:30 AM and 4:30 AM, that would introduce a whole new dimension to this. Note that Mr. Moto carefully measured the distance from the cabin to where JHS was found and timed the trip. Could it be because he needs to explain something? Just wondering...

I'm happy to see he is covering ALL the bases. :D

A friend of mine from New Jersey (yes, we are infested with Yankees around here), asked me if I new the difference between a Carolina redneck and a N.J. redneck. Never having spent much time in N.J. I said no. Best he could tell, the main difference is that you can't fit a shotgun rack in a Trans Am.

Another neighbor from the northeast opined as to why al lthe NASCAR teams are now hiring a lot of their crew from the northeast. She says it is because "back home they can strip a car in under 30 seconds, so they make a really fast pit crew."

People are pretty much the same everywhere. A sense of humor is one of the best tools for getting through this life. NEVER take yourself too seriously!

I'm from NJ and I think that's pretty funny. :D

A sense of humor is the best medicine!:)

Safe, Mr. Moto is a Shirlock Holmes style hero from the 30's. Now if that is insulting to you, that really is something you need to have taken care of. Mr. Moto celebrates his culture (and probably so does Dr. Lee), just like most of us do as we are secure in who and what we are and where we came from.

If you want to be the thought police, you should deal with your inner demons first, and then join us on the lido deck for a drink.:D

I doubt if anyone on the balcony would feel much if the cabin door was opened when the balcony door was open...has to happen all the time.

Several years ago, I was the chef for a family here in Palm Beach. They manufactured oak barrels for wine, bourbon, etc. Needless to say, they had a boatload of money, lived in a 11,000 sq.ft. BEAUTIFUL mansion, in a very upscale community here, and were originally from Missouri, where the business was.

The nicest people you ever want to meet, but their neighbors hated them. They had fowl (geese, ducks, chickens, etc.) in their back yard, and they were backed up to a lake, where all of the homes surrounding the lake could see the backs of the houses. I always found this comical, because it's like they say, you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy.

Well, eventually, their community voted the, OUT, and they were forced to sell. Can you imagine!?!

(I lost half of this post)

The Mr. use to refer to them as "The Beverly Hillbilly's", and that's exactly how they were. There are other reasons I say that, but can not mention here. But I always thought it was cool that he could laugh about it.

I have found my New Years Resolution. I have tried to engage ts in a civilized debate, I have asked ts nicely to treat those with differing opinions respectfully, I have found humor in his/her posts and attempted gentle banter. My resolution is to ignore this poster who is determined to insult and annoy those of us who do not share his lofty opinions.

A toast to all who join me......

Thanks wolf.I agree If we attack,this very interesting thread will get kicked off.

I just read on another board that on Larry King the FBI came on and stated the RCI turned over everything to them that was needed and that nothing was going to be released to the Smith's until they had finished their evaluation....oh, and for TS, they stated RCI did NOT cover anything up, that they went out of their way to provide whatever was needed.:p

I have found my New Years Resolution. I have tried to engage ts in a civilized debate, I have asked ts nicely to treat those with differing opinions respectfully, I have found humor in his/her posts and attempted gentle banter. My resolution is to ignore this poster who is determined to insult and annoy those of us who do not share his lofty opinions.

A toast to all who join me......

I'll drink to that!! :)

So, does anyone know the TV schedule for the week? I will be in Orlando, and want to set the TiVo. I know I can set it from anywhere, but it does take at least 24 hours to go through the web, and if there is a show, other than Greta, I should set it for now, I'd like to do that...:)

Herman, you're in CT....what do people think up there? Any difference from those of us in other parts?

Most of the people I have spoke to in Ct - think this whole thing is a bunch of hooey! ( for lack of a better word).

Questions -like - How is JHS supporting herself these days since she decided not to teach school this year.

Or - What was the relationship like between her in-laws and her or Bree and her BEFORE this??

Where did she get the money to hire Henry Lee in the first place?

IS she getting paid to appear on all the talking head shows??

Does anyone have definitve proof that Absinthe was consumed - or is this another heresay piece of trivia.

Personally I don't think she had anything to do with his demise IF he is indeed dead - But to make the demands she did - like Hey RCI cancel the cruise - refund everyone their fare and fly them home and keep the ship in Turkey AFTERALL your insurance will pay for that - WHO told her to say that??

She sure doesn't look like a grieving widow to me

Hey all TiVo'ers..I just tried to set the season pass for Greta this week, and for some reason it does not show anything for Tuesday night?

Anyone got that one? It shows 1/31 at 3:00 am, which would be the same show as the 30th, at 10:00 pm....no show listed for Tuesday at 10:00 pm??

I agree. And the reason for all this, IMHO, is that the lawyers smell a buck and a defendant with deep pockets.

If this continues, cruise lines will have to take ridiculous measures to protect themselves from such lawsuits.

It is too much like the McDonalds lawsuit. If you order hot coffee and spill it all over yourself, is it the company's fault?

If you smoke cigarettes, get cancer and die, is it the tobacco company's fault?

If you get so drunk that you do stupid and dangerous things, it is the cruise line's fault?

There is no willingness any longer to take responsibility, especially when there is a lawyer out there waving the potential of big bucks in your face.

JMO.

Mickey D's got sued and LOST with the coffee incident

BIG Tobacco got sued and Lost -

Answer is simple - sue the guys with the deepest pockets and do not accept any personal responsibility

Yeah, and the people who claimed to have found a finger in their chili at Wendy's, now get all their food for FREE...............

IN PRISON!!! LOL.........they got like 10 years....:D stupid jerks.:rolleyes:

I bet companies are really going to go after these alleged victims, and not just lie down and take it...;)

Corona - all the "news" shows on Tuesday will be preempted for state of the union coverage.

hermang - interesting notes from Ct - thanks. Yep, I don't think the Smith's and JHS had the closest relationship before this. There's nothing unusual about that in this day and age but it is obvious that while they are not working together, they are doing their utmost to not work against each other.

I too have wondered how they could afford Henry Lee. Sounds like the work of her lawyer. And yes, her comments and the families comments about impounding the entire ship seem ridiculous in the context of what happened. Yes - all the relevant passengers should have been questioned but it seems apparent it is narrowed down to a tragic accident or foul play involving 3-4 other passengers. Also, the absinthe is in the record as being witnessed by other passengers - it has not been discounted by anyone involved. And of course, JHS either can't remember or can't comment because she has been asked not to talk about the evening's events. <sigh>

Corona - all the "news" shows on Tuesday will be preempted for state of the union coverage.

hermang - interesting notes from Ct - thanks. Yep, I don't think the Smith's and JHS had the closest relationship before this. There's nothing unusual about that in this day and age but it is obvious that while they are not working together, they are doing their utmost to not work against each other.

I too have wondered how they could afford Henry Lee. Sounds like the work of her lawyer. And yes, her comments and the families comments about impounding the entire ship seem ridiculous in the context of what happened. Yes - all the relevant passengers should have been questioned but it seems apparent it is narrowed down to a tragic accident or foul play involving 3-4 other passengers. Also, the absinthe is in the record as being witnessed by other passengers - it has not been discounted by anyone involved. And of course, JHS either can't remember or can't comment because she has been asked not to talk about the evening's events. <sigh>

Something tells me that Henry Lee is doing this pro bono. He likes the publicity, and for him to cancel going onto the Radiance, when she is in drydock, to do the dummy test, doesn't make sense if JHS is paying him. He said he has another commitment, like a speech or something. Seems to me, now that he has the opportunity to do the dummy test, he backs down.......

for him to cancel going onto the Radiance, when she is in drydock, to do the dummy test, doesn't make sense if JHS is paying him. He said he has another commitment, like a speech or something. Seems to me, now that he has the opportunity to do the dummy test, he backs down.......

I can easily believe that he has other commitments. It's not like he's been working in a vacuum for the past 10 years. He's a popular guy.

I bet we'll see a reschedule. Time will tell. He's probably hoping to schedule a few days of R&R in the Bahamas to coincide with his field trip. :)

Tracy

I can easily believe that he has other commitments. It's not like he's been working in a vacuum for the past 10 years. He's a popular guy.

I bet we'll see a reschedule. Time will tell. He's probably hoping to schedule a few days of R&R in the Bahamas to coincide with his field trip. :)

Tracy

He probably will reschedule, but when's the next time a Radiance class ship will be in drydock? Might be a while...cause I bet RCI will not let him do it while any of the ships are in service.

Archived