Aft cabins on Aloha Deck, Grand Princess?

friedmom

We are booked on a summer Mediterranean cruise on the Grand Princess in room A731, which is several cabins from the stern, starboard side. I see that there is an "al fresco" terrace directly above us on Lido deck (presumably an extension of the Horizon court), and a small pool at the stern of the Aloha deck. I am wondering if either of these produce a lot of early morning or late night noise. Anyone have any experience with this location?

We were in A723 Dec 17-24 and only heard noise one time, after the Caribbean party when they were cleaning up and moving chairs. I think it was about 1:00 a.m., but it didn't last long (we were just coming in anyway). You will love the location, very little hallway noise.

We spent a month in A730 on the Sapphire Princess (basically the same layout). We only heard the movement of chairs a couple of mornings around 6:15am, and only if we were awake. And, of course, Island Night, the party takes place on the Terrace Pool, but we were at it, and so that noise was no issue. We think it's one of the best locations on the Grand Class of ship, and booked the same cabin for our upcoming Diamond Princess cruise.

Archived