Hilton Rose Hall Review

GatorKevin

We got off of the Breeze yesterday after a wonderful week. It was our first time cruising. We went to Hilton Rose Hall from Montego Bay and had an incredible day.We booked through Jaital. We picked up bus outside of terminal around 945. We had a nice bus ride of about 25 minutes and the guide gave us info on the island and played Bob Marley music.

We pulled up to the Hilton and it was beautiful. We paid our remaining balance, and we headed to the beach. We were on the beach by about 1045 am and our pick up time was 330.

I read a lot of negative comments on here about the beach, but not sure why. Beach was smaller, but beautiful with clear blue water.

Our kids loved the water slides, and the fast jets in the lazy river. They did enforce 48 inch height for tube slide which my youngest son didn’t meet.

They had a live band all day playing good music.

We had delicious lunch by the water with a waitress. I also found the jerk shack which you would miss if you didn’t know it was on the other side of the beach and kind of hidden. Jerk pork and chicken was amazing.

Drinks were tasty and plentiful. The best was the Dirty Banana.

We felt like we had plenty of time there, but would have been fun to have a few more hours to explore the resort.

This resort and Jamaica ended up being one of our favorite days of the trip.

We always felt safe and were never hassled although we didn’t really venture out.

Thank you to all for info on this board before the cruise . Ya Mon!

We go to Hilton Rose Hall every time we visit Jamaica. We love the lazy river & swim up bar so much, we don’t go to the beach area. My DS’s favorite drink was the Bam Bam. We also have had great lunches & service. We book through resortforaday.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2018 at 12:30 AM, CCC3 said:

We go to Hilton Rose Hall every time we visit Jamaica. We love the lazy river & swim up bar so much, we don’t go to the beach area. My DS’s favorite drink was the Bam Bam. We also have had great lunches & service. We book through resortforaday.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

any issue/problem with a beach there? I am thinking about going to Hilton Rose Hall for a day and want to experience a beautiful beach.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:15 AM, mook1525 said:

any issue/problem with a beach there? I am thinking about going to Hilton Rose Hall for a day and want to experience a beautiful beach.

I was in Jamaica about 3 years ago.  We stayed at Half Moon Bay Resort, which is nearby the Hilton Rose Hall.  The beach was just OK.  Obviously warm, but quite choppy and the water was cloudy - definitely not the crystal clear blue waters in some spots in the Caribbean,  Would be interested to see if folks agree.  My family is cruising to Falmouth in January, and have an excursion booked to the Hyatt Ziva.  Similar area, so wondering if the beaches are similar along that coast and, if so, maybe we will also spend more time in the pool.