Holland America Alaska Land Tour

Jessa.L88

Hello everyone, my family and I will be going on our first cruise ever to Alaska this week. I believed that we would have a full day to explore Denali NP, but the itinerary states that we're to be leaving Fairbanks at 9:30 am and that it would take approximately 3.5 hours to get to Denali. This means we will not be arriving until around 1 pm. There are several EXC tours that begin at 1:15/1:30 pm. Since this is will be my time, I feel like this is cutting it a bit close. I understand that I will be refunded if the bus ends up running late but I would hate missing out on a certain activity and not being able to find something else to do.

Another option is to book tickets heading into the park to visit Eielson, but with a 2 pm departure time from the Bus Depot I don't feel comfortable booking that either. Can anyone that has done this tour through Holland America advise? Will we be cutting it too close? And of course, other bits of information on logistics such as waiting for the hotel shuttle (we'll be staying at Grande Denali Lodge) to the Bus Deport if we end up doing this, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Holland America only offers EXC tours to your group at the times you will be available to take them. I wouldn't worry about it. The tour will be expecting you if you have already signed up for it and they should pick you up at your hotel and return you to your hotel at the end of the excursion. If you try to schedule Eielson you will have to get to the Wilderness Access Center on your own and that could be a problem.

There are plenty of things to see at the Denali Visitor's Center and other activities that you could sign up for if you should arrive late but that is a VERY remote possibility.