Request for info and pictures/video of POA Owner's Suite 8000 8500

mjc775

We're considering booking a cruise on POA in an Owner's Suite 8000 or 8500. We want the 2nd (guest) bathroom, and the SC category on decks 10 & 12 are already booked - leaving us with the aforementioned suites as the only remaining suites fulfilling all our needs. I've found a few pictures online, but nothing descriptive showing how broken up the floorplan appears to by looking at the deck plans. Any information is much appreciated.

1923102988_Screenshot2018-07-0922_39_01.png.fedee473ccac5bdf87525ae35a0d9b1e.png

There are some on 11 as well but the 11 are broken up more than on 8, 11 are more apartment like.

8 you have the hot tub on the front deck in a corner vs. 11 are on the side. 8 don't look too broken up and like one larger living room.

By 2nd bath it is a toilet and sink.

...8 don't look too broken up and like one larger living room.

By 2nd bath it is a toilet and sink.

Are the living and bedroom larger on 8 vs 11? I just watched videos of 11000 & 13000 and both rooms look smaller on 11000. My main goal is being able to fit a rollaway or air mattress in the living room so that my son and daughter don't have to sleep in the sofa bed together.

Edited by mjc775

Are the living and bedroom larger on 8 vs 11? I just watched videos of 11000 & 13000 and both rooms look smaller on 11000. My main goal is being able to fit a rollaway or air mattress in the living room so that my son and daughter don't have to sleep in the sofa bed together.

The POA OS are so varied amongst themselves let alone the rest of the fleet. The videos and pictures out there are limited. The living room on 8 do appear to be larger than 11 as 11 is more chopped up in the living room area almost with what looks like a tv nook. It "appears" either might be able to accommodate a rollaway with some movement of the existing furniture. I'm not seeing any pics of those after the refurb to see what the new furniture looks like.

13 do appear bigger but maybe because they are really more like the ones on 12 with the large living room and then the bedroom. 13 were added a few years ago and don't have a hot tub on the balcony. I'm also seeing notes (and pretty sure) 13 don't have a half bath. I also have notes from CDP saying 10000 and the rooms on 11 and 13 don't have the half bath either. From looking at videos and pics of those rooms, I did not find anything showing a second bath in those rooms.

Can you go a different week?

Can you go a different week?

The week we’re looking at next spring for the Owner’s Suite (category SC) is the most affordable and has the most availability except for decks 10 & 12 - those seem to go first. I just looked again & the OS went down $25/person since earlier today. I just may take our chances with 8000/8500 and make sure I take lots of pictures and do some really good videos to monetize on YouTube so future sailers won’t have to wonder what it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk