Cruise Docs Lost in the Mail

janica

Oh No! Our TA mailed (certified) our cruise docs last week. When they still had not arrived today, I contacted her. She, in turn, contacted the post office where they were mailed. She had used an automated machine, since holiday lines were long for regular mailing. Well, long story short, there is no record that these docs were ever scanned and mailed. Nothing!!!:eek: At latest report she has contaced RCI. They are electronically faxing our documents to us. We should be able to board with these docs. However, luggage tags will have to be picked up at the pier. This is our 10th cruise and our first hitch. We have booked through travel agents and directly with the cruiselines. Please advise if you have ever had a similar experience and what your outcome was at boarding time. Our ship (Rhapsody) sails the 15th. We are more than a little nervous about this situation! Thanks for your input!_

As long as you called and your Name and Reservation Number is in the RCCL System you don't even need the Docs to board the ship........Just bring your correct form of ID and you are fine, oh yeah Bring $$$$ too.

You can get luggage tags at the pier.

No problem , not to worry.

Also if you really want the Docs that bad Royal Caribbean can email them too you and all you have to do is print off the documents on your printer.

Jimbo:)

Have you completed and printed out your Set Sail pass on the RCCL web site? If so, that and your passports or BC and driver's license is all you will need to check in. Like you said, you can get the luggage tags at the pier.

I know having the docs in hand is nice but not so necessary in this day and age.

Anyone that gets e-docs, which is now common uses baggage tags at the pier. This is no problem to worry about. The porter will help you get your bags from the cab, ask you what cabin your in and begin tagging your luggage. It's common practice so don't worry about this snag. As far as your other concerns I am sure other CC'ers can help you with. Have a great trip.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We filled out the Set Sail Pass and printed it out. When we did receive our 'booklet' from RCI there really is nothing of importance in it. No tickets, nothing to fill out and turn in. The only thing we needed were the bag tags and you can get those at the pier.

While it is nice to get the booklet in the mail, you should not need it to board as long as you have your set sail pass printed out and have an ID.

Have a great cruise!

Funcruiser

When we have to get our luggage tags at the pier, I tape a sticky note with the cabin number to the top of the luggage next to the handle.

It saves having to yell the cabin number 20 times over all the traffic noise.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

When we have to get our luggage tags at the pier, I tape a sticky note with the cabin number to the top of the luggage next to the handle.

It saves having to yell the cabin number 20 times over all the traffic noise.

Have a great trip!

Wendy

Wow, just when you thought you couldn't learn another tip a CC'er comes through. Love the idea of cabin number taped to the outside.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I was wondering about the SetSail pass - I filled out the forms online for my husband and myself and they gave me just one pass, which I printed out twice. It has both our names on it, but room for only me to sign (I was the one who actually booked the cruise). Is that how it usually works? I emailed RCI to ask about it but they haven't answered.

I was wondering about the SetSail pass - I filled out the forms online for my husband and myself and they gave me just one pass, which I printed out twice. It has both our names on it, but room for only me to sign (I was the one who actually booked the cruise). Is that how it usually works? I emailed RCI to ask about it but they haven't answered.

Yes, it will just be one page with everyone who is in the cabin listed. They will scan the bar code on it at check in and check your ID and swipe your credit card, and then you're done.

Yep that is exactly how it works for the set sail pass.

As far as your docs..

My TA said she mailed our Docs on Thurday of last week

They just arrived today, so they still might arrive, and you got some time still, so no worries. Wost case is E-Docs and they work fine also

I think our SetSail pass has the signature line for the person responsible for the Sail & Sign charges.

Yes, I filled it out, putting my wife as the responcible party. I took it to her and told her she need to sign and put it with our trip papers. She didn't read it so doesn't know she has agreed to pay this round.:D

Yes, I filled it out, putting my wife as the responcible party. I took it to her and told her she need to sign and put it with our trip papers. She didn't read it so doesn't know she has agreed to pay this round.:D

LOL! Thanks to everyone for the comforting responses (this is our first cruise so I am kinda nervous), and thanks for the giggle, too!

LOL! Thanks to everyone for the comforting responses (this is our first cruise so I am kinda nervous), and thanks for the giggle, too!

You're very welcome. And have fun on your cruise.

Don't worry about how my wife will take it. She has a good sense of humor. She tells me she married me for my money and she's going to stick around until I get some.:D In our 43rd year now.

Wow! You guys really came through for me this time! Thanks for all of your reassurance! The luggage tags will be the greatest inconvenience with not having documents in hand. I think the sticky note with the cabin number is ingenious! Yes, we have printed off the set sail pass. Thanks so much for all of your responses. It has helped greatly! :)

Wow! You guys really came through for me this time! Thanks for all of your reassurance! The luggage tags will be the greatest inconvenience with not having documents in hand. I think the sticky note with the cabin number is ingenious! Yes, we have printed off the set sail pass. Thanks so much for all of your responses. It has helped greatly! :)

For those of you picking up luggage tags at the pier, use address labels. Put your name, address, the name of the ship and your cabin number on them. When they give you the tags, just slap the address labels on them and you're done, nothing to fill out at all.

With the Setsail program, they didn't even look at our cruise documents. They took the Setsail form (which was signed only by me), looked at our passports and that was it.

We've used E-docs for two of the last three cruises. So far, the porters have filled them out for us every time. Could be because I was busy holding their tip while they were filling them out for me. ;)

Each of our bags has at least three name tags/address lables on them. I usually put that information and include our itenerary on a piece of paper in the luggage just in case the bags are "misplaced" by the airline and they need to catch up to us.

Archived