Belize Dec 27, 2005 Grand Princess

zydecocruiser

On my recent Grand Princess voyage, Belize City was the second stop. Not sure if we were the first ship there, but we sure got there early. Due to the somewaht strange hours we were there, a ship shore excursion seemed like the best bet. Rays and Reef it was. Gilligan would have been proud.

Tour boats and tenders were lined up bright and early for us.

1cqA9LtxLzyspasMK1vFxxw5GbK1OOWL0300.jpg

The tour left directly from and returned to the ship, so we didn't have to tender at all - good thing as it turned out!

zCo-MAAua2l0w1Kl3s8cpBCX-TSfgYed0300.jpg

Life vests are MANDATORY - not one of my favorite words, but I don't mind.

rOqUHkvL2OjxGkb9nr1oDf+KeSgbGadO0300.jpg

No, you don't have a choice of color...

-UC6vNm33vCMr-PuI6BM-u38uxT-ebhU0300.jpg

We have arrived at the reef part - Horseshoe I believe they said.

Q1ayOMtamE8iCAUULLBaH1hN30lDA6Ud0300.jpg

I know that's a niece - and she has a rum punch (included) for moi!

oplaORdhankOvSoUJBypfb65yeo7jlmz0300.jpg

Pre dance stretching - actually, I think they were playing YMCA.

uibtDqwpsN06dLkl4KQNEiQ-iPO-dWoq0300.jpg

The boat does seem to be going in circles, but I get to see the rich folk's houses again..

gFJ70aR5DhWvQAPEmhIylJ49PTdUfLg90300.jpg

bKNhOPHJpFulyDnGNlG6T4cuWj-0Suqr0300.jpg

s9PVOvGGWf9U5H3InWYC-8dxoqlAjLxv0300.jpg

Turns out the boat is sort of broken - one engine blown. One to go. I guess instead of chance it getting back, we stay near some landmarks and radio (more likely phone) for help. Rescue boat on the way so time for drinking and dancing...

Wow! Your Belize photo review is as wonderful as the one you posted on the Costa Maya board!! Thanks again!!

I have a question for you.....have you ever done Goff's Caye Snorkel in Belize??? We were thinking about the excursion you review here and recently changed our minds to Goff's Caye.....WOuld love to know if you have done both and if so your thoughts and of course if you have any photos of Goff's Caye :D

You have amazing photos!! Another question....what kind of camera did you use for all of these??

Thanks!

Nope, have not done Goff's - on the list of todos. Maybe later this year.

Camera is a Canon s1 is and I have the waterproof case for. I love the camera BUT it is having problems and I have not even had a year. Can you here me yet, Canon?

Anywho... Google for Canon and E18 errors

But I do like the camera and I have another Canon as a backup, so do like Canon (and a few other brands).

wow! what great pictures, I'll see if I can get some on my underwater disposable when I'm there - sure they won't compare to yours though!

I'm going on the Turneffe Atoll catamaran tour in less than a week, I think it's by the same people that did you shark stingray tour... was it Belize Paradise or Belize Catamarans, these guys: www.belize-paradise.com .??

so glad to see some pictures, I'm delighted I booked it now!

gene

Camera is a Canon s1 is and I have the waterproof case for. I love the camera BUT it is having problems and I have not even had a year. Can you here me yet, Canon?

But I do like the camera and I have another Canon as a backup, so do like Canon (and a few other brands).

Thanks for the info. I have a Pentax and have been thinking about getting the waterproof case for it before I cruise later this month. I am pretty happy with my camera but the recovery time between shots seems to be slow and I am really fond of going "click, click, click" :p

I just decided to book Goff's Caye for this trip. I had been strongly thinking about the excursion that you did but we decided on Goff's Caye this time. I'll definetly write a review when I get back and hopefully I'll have some decent photos to post as well!!

What do you have to do to post large photos like yours... I have been uploading small thumbnails as prescribed by the additional options to attach files. (620 x 280)

Attach Files

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt

wow! what great pictures, I'll see if I can get some on my underwater disposable when I'm there - sure they won't compare to yours though!

I'm going on the Turneffe Atoll catamaran tour in less than a week, I think it's by the same people that did you shark stingray tour... was it Belize Paradise or Belize Catamarans, these guys: www.belize-paradise.com .??

so glad to see some pictures, I'm delighted I booked it now!

gene

it would be those guys/gals.

There are several ways - I might have one browser window displaying the picture I want to post and another browser window for the actual post and just drag and drop between the two (left mouse click on pic and holding the button down, move the cursor to the post and release button).

For example, I can drag and drop the logo...

newnavtop-anniversary.jpg

Or if you have the URL to the pic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/newnavtop-anniversary.jpg

You can put between

[i m g] http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/newnavtop-anniversary.jpg [/ i m g]

{remove spaces in the "img" also

to accomplish the same thing.

Some websites don't allow hot linking - webshots is one that can get flakey, but sometimes works.

There are several ways - I might have one browser window displaying the picture I want to post and another browser window for the actual post and just drag and drop between the two (left mouse click on pic and holding the button down, move the cursor to the post and release button).

For example, I can drag and drop the logo...

Or if you have the URL to the pic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/newnavtop-anniversary.jpg

You can put between

[i m g] http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/newnavtop-anniversary.jpg [/ i m g]

{remove spaces in the "img" also to accomplish the same thing.

Some websites don't allow hot linking - webshots is one that can get flakey, but sometimes works.

P8236795-copy.jpg

Goff's Cay

P8236781.jpg

Passenger Getting Chest Hair Braided

P8236775.jpg

Goff's Cay

P8236712.jpg

Goff's Cay

Thanks Zydecocruiser, I think I gotcha now!

Photocruiser

Archived