Port Intensive and Picture Intensive Trip Report for Jewel's E Mediterranean cruise

The driver dropped the 4 of us off at the ship and then took T&N back to the Hilton. I’m glad I had them stay at the Hilton in Naxos. I felt bad because it was far away from the port, but it worked out the best because they got a nice little getaway and, due to the niceness of the tour company, we got to spend the most time together possible. T&N took the train back to Palermo the next day where they were picked up and taken about an hour to their home town. Therese posted some pictures from her trip on Facebook and I have taken the liberty to add her story here.

Thetrain station

3D619D7F-64DE-4A77-908F-32F8BB52ED8D_zpswjc7dzpt.jpeg

The hotel was only about 10 minutes from the train station, and it was very easy for them to grab a taxi. The hotel was very nice, and it was a shame it was not summer when they could have lounged on the beach.

7B4ECA4F-A7B3-423D-8498-022F7A68AEC2_zpsoyoimjya.jpeg

A49C68DD-C5F8-4238-8496-26F0199CB7A4_zpsllypxney.jpeg

DB2D4386-5D65-4C34-A13B-0509F5A1E8CF_zpslrdnfgiv.jpeg

Too odd, later that night, I said to Phil when I was on the balcony – in the distance, is that just a ship sailing and an area with no stars or is that a mountain with a village at the bottom rising out of the sea???? It was a mountain with a science station at the bottom. Too cool – I can’t even explain how cool it was to see out in the middle of nowhere. Phil trying to figure out where we were old school style:

DSC06027_zpsntcudsfm.jpg

This was much darker in real life and you could not see the details:

DSC06026b_zps7qmnwxet.jpg

DSC07627b_zpssfrt1mg5.jpg

Tomorrow is our last day…

DSC07623_zpsryveyg21.jpg

Sunday,11/5/17, Day 17, Day 12 of the cruise - Naples, Italy

Naples! This was our last port day and our last true day of vacation. Tomorrow would be an all travel day. Fabrizio was picking us up at the port in Naples at 8 am. It was 480 euros for the tour and 120 euros for a guide for Pompeii. It was a wonderful day! LOL, Fz didn’t seem all that impressed with F’s Italian – he said he was clearly taught by a Sicilian.

DSC06032b_zpsizbtvlbd.jpg

DSC06038_zpscjk96f0a.jpg

DSC06068_zpswskr6aqc.jpg

DSC06065_zpscdm6p2tf.jpg

I think that island was Stromboli! It has an active volcano. Looks like you passed it on a quiet night.

Love your review & photos. So special you could spend time with your sister while in Sicily!!

Yes! That sounds familiar! Phil had looked it up on the map but neither of us could remember what it was. Thanks so much! Yes, it was so wonderful to see her! Miss her a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk