Costa Maya Beach Break (Uvero Beach) Anyone done it?

Littlegoo75

Hi all!!! Will be visiting Costa Maya next month on the Liberty (Feb. 16th). Just looking for information on Uvero Beach, which is the beach for the Jungle Beach Break through Carnival. I am sure there are people on these boards who have done this, so please please please, can you share your experience with me?

I am wondering what the open bar includes, and what inclusive water equip. there is, as well as other activities that cost extra.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Uvero beach is a 30 minute bus ride. It is for cruiselines passenger excurion only. You can not do this one on your own.

They have snorkeling, kayaking, banana boats, parasailing, etc.

Lots of chairs, umbrellas.

if you go to the Costa Maya board and head to the search feature--type in Uvera beach and you will get pages of stuff on the place.

I did it in August. It was okay...nothing outstanding about it. We didn't book it thru carnival though...we booked it with a guy at the pier...it was about 1/2 price. Kayaks, paddleboats, etc. Small gift shop stand. The beach was nice...workers kept clearing seaweed from sand. Snorkelling didn't appear to be very good.

-patty..

Patty- Everything I read on the Port of call boards tell me that this can not be had through a private vendor.

Wow-- the cruise lines have it for 35 bucks. Please tell me if you did you to Uvera beach.

How did the vendor get you to to the beach?

Littlegoo75, We did this last April. We had a really good time. The beach is lovely but crowded. My daughter got a massage for about 25.00. My husband and son's went snorkleing but did not see very much fish but had a good time. The drinks are very watered down. If your going for that reason don't go for that. We did not eat there, thought it was best. It was a 30 min. bus ride, but all in all we didn't mind it. Busses are crowded and not very new. I think if your expecting alot from this excursion you'll probly be disapointed. We were not, just a nice beach day to get away and sit in the sun. Oh, when we got back to Costa Maya it was rocking. Lot's of dancing and thing's going on.We heard it got kind of wild with alot of girls taking off there clothes. Didn't see it just heard about it. Hope this helps.

Cool,

Thanks for that. The reason we are probably going to be going there is for the dolphin swim. Wow...if I were an entrepreneur, I would open up a beach club to cater to the cruise guests for the day.

If it weren't for the dolphin swim, we would probably go over to Majahual and try that beach instead.

I'll just keep my expectations low.

I did the Uvero beach break the week before Christmas. We had a great time. The beach had a lot of people but there were more than enough chairs. It is unlimited drinks. Give the bar staff a $10 tip and they will take care of you all day. We sat next to a group from our ship that did this and the bar staff waited on us the entire day. I can tell you that our drinks were not watered down at all. There were a lot of sick people on our bus when it went back to the ship.

The beach itself is ok. There is a lot of seaweed/algae in the water. It was nothing like the beaches in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, or Jamaica. There is no extra charge to use the kayaks or banana boats. They also have parasailing and the dolphins.

It was more than worth the money.

Agreed on most counts.

It's fine - nothing special. Nice little covered facility where the bar & "food window" are located along with the restaurants... the beach is large with tons of chairs and does not seem crowded. That being said, I agree wholeheartedly that it is nowhere in the class of beaches you'll visit in other ports. If you're looking for white sands and crystal blue water, this isn't the place. Lots of seaweed, murky water, etc. The bus ride is bumpy and about a half hour long.

It's okay. Nothing special, not a disaster.

Before you book it have a look at the Costa maya Beach Break Party really nice beach and includes all drinks;) its about 5 minutes from the port.

food is extra for this excursion PLUS a $5.00 round trip cab ride per person. But with this excursion you can visit other beach front resturants to eat at.. PLUS get a nice massage- If you wait til its slow- we got a 50 minute massage for $20 bucks.

Cool,

Thanks for the responses everyone!! Since Uvero has the dolphins, it looks like that's where we will be going, although, if it wasn't for that, we would probably head over to Majahual instead. We can have fun with the kayaks, and bananaboats and stuff, we'll get to snorkel in the other ports either way.

I just hope too many people don't get sick on the bus! Isn't it a half hour ride from where the ship docks?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
I did it in August. It was okay...nothing outstanding about it. We didn't book it thru carnival though...we booked it with a guy at the pier...it was about 1/2 price. Kayaks, paddleboats, etc. Small gift shop stand. The beach was nice...workers kept clearing seaweed from sand. Snorkelling didn't appear to be very good.

-patty..

Where at the pier did you book the Uvero beach break?

I got an email reply from a vendor at the port for the Dolphin swim at $115.

How much was Uvero?

Not everyone wants to swim with dolphins there.

We did this last month. All I can say is that the tour we were on was strictly booked through the cruise ship. We had green bracelets that we were given on the ship.

The buses seemed relatively new and were clean and air conditioned.

The beach was not too crowded. Of course, we took our group a little further down than right in front of the bar area.

The beach massage was $20 for 40 minutes and it was AWESOME!!

The drinks were not watered down.

• 10 years later...

Archived