Photos of Legend Re-fit

Daneite

Oh and I bet Captain Geir would appreciate Sailor's bringing the big black heavy plastic garbage bags.......the leaf ones!

Hahahaha Only kiddin'.......The Lady Legend is going to look beautiful......new and ready to Sail the Caribbean!

The new photos today depict an almost "done deal!"

Thank you Captain!

MB

Don, you are going to have a fabulous cruise! Also a special adventure! Perhaps the Legend won't be in tip-top A1 shape, after such intensive surgery, but just think, "you will be one of the few sailor's on earth that will have sailed a luxury yacht on her Maiden

Re-Fit voyage".......I'm quite sure a few of the Blue Lagoon VIP's will be on for a few days. (they always are)

I am sooooo jealous! Surely wish I was packing and heading to Ft. Laud! I would love to sneak on and "stow away".......

Have a grand time! And tell everyone, especially Captain Geir, GRRREAT JOB!!!!

Martita B.

I was on the Dec. 18-Jan. 3 sailing of the recently refurbished Pride. By my cruise all the delayed "kinks" that were not finished in Freeport had been completed. Legend was due to sail from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport later that day (Jan. 3); I heard from several sources that Seabourn would never again contract with Freeport for drydocks and would instead use European or Singapore dockyards.

Pride did look beautiful, sparkling and clean. The Verandah now has its own kitchen (the starboard door is blocked off) and new flooring inside. Verandah dinners were especially nice while sitting outside in Caribbean breezes. Suites now have flat screen TVs placed in the upper cabinets and a good sized DVD library. Stairway and other carpeting is all new (alas, no brick patterns). I liked it all and I think you all will too now that all three sisters are spanking clean and refreshed!

Now that all the ships have been refurbished,can all you experienced Seabournites tell me which one of the ships you prefer and why?

I am considering a med cruise on the Legend August 19th for Twenty One days and also August 19th on the Spirit for Twenty One days.Both have good itineraries,but which one should I choose?

John

Now that all the ships have been refurbished,can all you experienced Seabournites tell me which one of the ships you prefer and why?

I am considering a med cruise on the Legend August 19th for Twenty One days and also August 19th on the Spirit for Twenty One days.Both have good itineraries,but which one should I choose?

John

John - I am sure that you have just opened a battleground asking that question. We all seem fiercely protective of our "favourite" ship. Bearing in mind that any and all are fabulous, I have to express a slight preference for the Legend. I think that we've probably had the most fun on the Legend - Eric is a great cruise Director and Capt GA makes it feel as if it is personally your ship. But whether or not they are both on in August I don't know. However we've had wonderful cruises on both the Spirit and the Pride too, and to be honest, if you can't make up your mind just toss a coin and whatever happens you will be pleased. I'm pea green with envy about your 21 days, think of the times you won't have to do Lifeboat drill, and can watch the poor new embarking souls from your seat above in the Sky Bar. I have yet to persuade husband Jeff that the world at home will still continue if he takes cruises longer than sixteen days. I'm working on it. Whatever you decide - enjoy! Sue

I agree it is very difficult to choose between any of them, it is really a matter of which itinerary you would prefer, I think the Spirit probably wins that one, although the Italian Yacht Haven's is very hard to beat (I think that would be your last week if you choose the Legend).

Whatever you decide do let us know, you can't really go wrong with either.

Sue marco,

Yes I know that it is a difficult question but I must admit that Captain GA does sound good and judging by his wonderful pictures he does himself credit.I just don't know how he has the time to steer the ship!!

Perhaps Martita knows who the crew will be in August and she can tell me who's who

John

The Legend will be docking in the morning at Port Everglades. I think it would be "fitting" to post our thanks and our accolades to Captain Geir-Arne for taking his valuable time to take and post the marvelous photos. For allowing us the opportunity to view and enjoy watching the day-by-day progress of this amazing and phenomenon transformation of the beautiful Legend!

Thank you Captain G-A!!!!

Safe journey tomorrow and blue skies above~~~

Martita B.

Prunella,

I have to say that the Italian part of the Legend cruise is swaying me at the moment as it is so lovely and the food is great.I have been to all the ports on both cruises many times before and some of them I would not want to visit again so an excuse to stay on the ship pleases me no end

John

But on the other hand you have the Greek Islands, the Corinth Canal, Croatia and VENICE!!! Difficult choice, I think you will just have to do them both, at different times of course!

I think it would be "fitting" to post our thanks and our accolades to Captain Geir-Arne for taking his valuable time to take and post the marvelous photos. For allowing us the opportunity to view and enjoy watching the day-by-day progress of this amazing and phenomenon transformation of the beautiful Legend!

Ms. Martita: You're absolutely right! What a wonderful dairy he's posted; I'm anxious to see the "last" of his photos! (And eager to see "the real deal" come April!) :D

Thanks, Cap'n!!

Paul ;)

I must get my husband to take me to the Cipriani, but I suspect he would die at the prices, he thinks the cost of a cup of coffee at Florian's in the evening listening to the music is bad enough! But I like the sound of Seabourn plus the Cipriani,good idea, but not perhaps in August.

I wonder if the Legend made all her drydock deadlines since the Captain has posted no photos (yet) of the crucial last day?

I was wondering this as well and keep checking his website , I am sure he has more important things to do when he arrives home so I will just have to be patient!

I was hoping that someone on the cruise would post and let us know how it is.

Kathryn

Archived