Photos of Legend Re-fit

Daneite

Absolutely amazing photos! This isn't simply carpet replacement and some fresh paint but instead is a major re-do. Even the marble is being thrown out. Seabourn/Carnival clearly intends to keep using these ships a few more years. I hope he is able to continue providing photos so that we can watch the work until completion.

I cant wait to see the pics of the suites! Have all the ships had such a thorough facelift? Dont think I will see too much of that room called "the gym"......but maybe by halfway through the cruise I will need too!! I had a terrible dream last night....it was the day our cruise started....and I hadnt started packing! :eek: Needless to say, the suitcases are now in the spare bedroom....and I will throw in a couple of things today! My dreams have a habit of coming true.

event.png

I just love watching the process. I can imagine the crew in the dining room counting the spoons and glasses. If I didn't have a cruise scheduled fairly soon (9 weeks) I would be calling my TA today. I can't wait to see it!

I wonder how "short" they are on the spoons? Many have found new "homes" all over the world, I imagine. Great new photos of the drydock are now available & it looks like we are going to be treated to the whole process. Isn't Spirit getting the same treatment in Singapore about now? Are they going to try to finish up "on the fly" as Pride did recently (to the dismay of some passengers)?

Please, someone tell me that the brick pattern carpet is a joke!!! Surely they cannot lay that?? I have just looked at Geir-Arne's latest offering and believe this has to be a joke???????

I was thinking the same thing!! :o I have a feeling they just wrapped the steps to protect them during the drydock with things and people trekking up and down the stairs.

It looks like something you'd find in a back-woods country club! :D

How exciting to see all that they are doing on the Legend - good old Capt GA keeping us all posted! I can't believe how much they are doing to her and she is going to look lovely:D . BUT that brick carpet:confused: :mad: . Surely not! I was somewhat consoled to see that it didn't reach quite to the edges of the stairs so maybe it was a joke - but I have to admit that it did look suspiciously like real carpet under that plastic.:eek: Maybe it's for the engine room - or maybe it's instead of the Yellow Brick Road in the Wizard of Oz for all our very good friends at the Friends of Dorothy parties. I'll be on the Spirit next so it will be interesting to see if she has the same - and back on the Legend in November so I rely on you all to ruin it by then so that it has to be replaced if it is for real!:cool: Sue

Archived