Dining Rotation?

mitcam

You aren't assigned your ratation until you board. You will find out at check-in. I'm not real sure how they go about assigning them, but a lot of people have said that they usually try and put the families together, and then the ones with no children together.

Just make sure your bookings are linked together. Your travel agent or DCL can do this for you. This way you will have the same rotation. Also, you can visit www.disneycruise.com and click on My Disney Cruise. Enter your confirmation number and your birthday to view your reservation. Your dining time will be listed there (only as early or late seating). It still may change before you board though. We had late seating confirmed even printed on our tickets. 2 days before we set sail, I checked the website and we had been changed to early seating. Again, make sure your family is linked together. We had one family out of our grouped that refused to use our TA so their booking was not linked with us. When the rest of us got switched to the early seating, they got left on the late rotation. The ship was sold out so they had to keep their dining time.

Do you mean SEATING location, or restaurant rotation?

Seating location / preference: Your travel agent should have asked you if you want a table of 4, 8, 12, etc. Generally, Disney will put like kind people together (they will not put a party of 2 elderly people together with a young family of 6 ... at a table for 8).

Restaurant Rotation: You are at a different restaurant each night. You are notified in your daily newsletter of which restaurant you are to attend for dinner. You will not be dissapointed with them. As an alternate .. Palo's is fabulous.

[/quote=SDLong329]Do you mean SEATING location, or restaurant rotation?

Seating location / preference: Your travel agent should have asked you if you want a table of 4, 8, 12, etc. Generally, Disney will put like kind people together (they will not put a party of 2 elderly people together with a young family of 6 ... at a table for 8).

In fact, they will... and have...

Restaurant Rotation: You are at a different restaurant each night. You are notified in your daily newsletter of which restaurant you are to attend for dinner.

Actually, you are given tickets for dinner when you board so you know what your rotation is. It is also printed on your ship I.D. (key to the world card...

You will not be dissapointed with them. As an alternate .. Palo's is fabulous.

When you check in at the cruise terminal, your Key to the World card includes a table number (like 70) and a dining rotation that indicates which restaurant you eat at each night, beginning with the first night. If your card says PLAPLAP on a seven-night cruise, for example, you eat in Parrot Cay the first night, followed by Lumiere's, Animator's, etc.

As soon as you check in, compare keys for everyone in your party to make sure you have the same table number and roation. If not, look at the info sheet you're given to find out when and where seating change requests are being handled, and go there as soon as permitted. We found that some of our party members were at different tables, so we requested a change, and they had no problem meeting the change immediately.

I sorta kinda wish you could find out which nights you'd be in each restaurant beforehand.

That way you can go online and pre-reserve Palos for a night when your scheduled to eat in your least favorite restaurant. (I hate missing an evening in Animators Pallat!)

Archived