Excursion in Ketichan

Firsttimer9

Just got off Solstice yesterday. Our favorite excursion was the Coastal Wildlife Cruise. There were only 12 people on board and we were able to get far up into the coves and shoreline to see humpback whales, eagles, harbor seals, black tailed deer, river otters. No bear sightings on this trip. The captain Mike and tour guide Tye were so personable and knowledgeable!

http://www.snowscove.com/Bear%20Tour%20Photo%20Album/%20Coastal%20Wildlife%20Cruise.html

Just returned -- we did a 2 hour Ketchikan kayak tour with Southeast Sea Kayaks. Highly recommend! Was just enough time to kayak through Creek Street and to surrounding islands to see some sea life, we were tired but not exhausted. Dock is right next to Alaska Fish house where we had a delicious lunch. Also, Lumberjack show is right there as well. If we didn't want to shop we would have thrown that into our day as well.

We did the deadliest catch boat tour. It was entertaining! We had done the misty fjords trip too. It was like 5-6 hours and honestly I thought it was really boring. I think I napped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the deadliest catch boat tour. It was entertaining! We had done the misty fjords trip too. It was like 5-6 hours and honestly I thought it was really boring. I think I napped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! The Deadliest Catch tour was very entertaining and there are hands on moments. The misty fjords trip by boat was an expensive, cold nap for me.

We were in Ketchikan last week and really enjoyed the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show. The show is funny and the lumberjacks are very talented. We had people in our group from age 17 to 79 and fun was had by all! It's relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of excursions and then Creek Street was a fun area to walk around. Ketchikan definitely has the best prices for souvenirs. Be sure to walk past Creek Street and see the Salmon Ladder. We saw lots of salmon swimming in the creek. We had lunch at Alaska Fish House. Excellent fish and chips. Beautiful setting right on the water. Our other ports had very expensive tours so this was a enjoyable relatively inexpensive day. Such a cute little town. I'd love to go back sometime.

We were in Ketchikan last week and really enjoyed the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show. The show is funny and the lumberjacks are very talented. We had people in our group from age 17 to 79 and fun was had by all! It's relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of excursions and then Creek Street was a fun area to walk around. Ketchikan definitely has the best prices for souvenirs. Be sure to walk past Creek Street and see the Salmon Ladder. We saw lots of salmon swimming in the creek. We had lunch at Alaska Fish House. Excellent fish and chips. Beautiful setting right on the water. Our other ports had very expensive tours so this was a enjoyable relatively inexpensive day. Such a cute little town. I'd love to go back sometime.

We also really enjoyed the lumberjack show; it was very entertaining! Sounds likes you had a perfect day in Ketchikan.

Is there more information? I can't find anything on their website that tells about the tours or pricing. How did you find out more?

We took a private tour with these guys:

Renegade

It was three hours long and we got to see everything on land that all of the other tours covered. We just followed their set tour, but they can hook you up if you want to see something specific. And I should add their prices were very reasonable compared to other ports 'private tours'. We had five people in our group, but their van could fit more.