Coach to Harwich

lina1

Hello,

I read about a coach from London (Liverpool Street) to Harwich. Does any body know if they are still doing this?

Thanks, Carole

We took the cruise train from Liverpool St Station in London to Harwich this May, It's only GBP 17 or 18 per person. The cruise train ( coach ) stops right in front of the pier and your luggage will be taken to the cabin from the coach. Really convenient. It leaves at noon and the ship leves at 5 pm so we have lots of time to get there and also missed the earlier check-in rush.

We took the train to and from Liverpool Street Station last July. However, when we arrived at the port, we carried our own luggage off the train, and there was a flight of stairs that everyone had to climb to cross the tracks! It was only on the return trip that we learned that there was a ramp that crossed the tracks (in the opposite direction than we had gone), allowing people to roll their luggage to the place where it was collected! On days when ships are in Harwich, there is one extra train each direction that runs non-stop between Harwich and Liverpool Street Station. We took a regularly scheduled train to the port because we wanted to get there earlier than the special cruisetrain. Now that I think about it, perhaps THAT cruisetrain DID collect everyone's luggage right there!

I purchased my tickets online at http://www.thetrainline.com - but picked them up at King's Cross Station in London the day before we sailed. (The special cruisetrain schedule didn't show up online until a few weeks before the first ships sailed from Harwich.) Another family onboard our train said they waited until the day before to purchase their tickets at the Liverpool Street Station, and they were even less expensive!

Our ship sailed July 1st, 2005. When we heard the news of the horrible bombings in London, we realized that we had been in 3 out of the 4 places that were attacked: we rode the same bus route, and we were at King's Cross and Liverpool Street stations!!!

Archived