Star Princess Northbound Alaska Patters

chimchimtx

Thank you! I leave this Saturday, so I will enjoy looking at these over the next couple of days.

Just a quick question, since you didn't show the backs - which dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thank you! I leave this Saturday, so I will enjoy looking at these over the next couple of days.

Just a quick question, since you didn't show the backs - which dining room is open for lunch on embarkation day?

None. They were closed on embarkation because of the deep cleaning, but based on the printing date of the patters they might always be closed for lunch. My patter shows only Horizon Court (buffet), and the pizza, ice cream and grill as being open for lunch. There was a dining room open for lunch other days, just not the first one. Again, not sure if it was because of our delay due to norovirus or that's their normal schedule. We found several things happened differently from what we read on here.

None. They were closed on embarkation because of the deep cleaning, but based on the printing date of the patters they might always be closed for lunch. My patter shows only Horizon Court (buffet), and the pizza, ice cream and grill as being open for lunch. There was a dining room open for lunch other days, just not the first one. Again, not sure if it was because of our delay due to norovirus or that's their normal schedule. We found several things happened differently from what we read on here.

I'm guessing it was just due to the deep cleaning, since nobody would have boarded in time for MDR lunch. Which dining room was open other days? Often it's the same. There has always been one open for lunch on embarkation day on all of my previous Princess cruises.

Also, did you have the old menus, the same ones as the past few years, or the newer ones like the Ruby has had? Some rumors have indicated that the Star may have the newer menus, but I have been unable to confirm it.

Portofino except Juneau and Skagway day. There was no lunch in any MDR those days.

It has been awhile since I looked at the new menus, but I would be tempted to say they were the old format. There were several things I saw on the new menus, and none of them appeared on our menus. It seemed to lean towards old fashioned, heavily sauced items and I remember thinking some of the new items looked fresher and healthier.

Did they do a seafood buffet either on deck or in the Horizon Court for lunch any day?

Not in the MDR. They did have nightly rotating seafood options, at least two each night. They had salmon as one of the options for every night that was pretty good.

We only went once to Horizon Court. I don't do buffets in general (germaphobe) and certainly wasn't going to during the heightened cleaning. I did go in with my husband and daughter one day. They went through the whole thing and came out with two items on their plate each. They both most of it on their plates. They said it was terrible.

Just asked and he said there was a lot of seafood options on the buffet, but couldn't answer as to the flavor since he didn't try it.