How Do You Handle IF Someone Drops Out From Tour?

Juliadlf

What have you done or would suggest how to handle when individual(s) sign on for a tour (not through the cruise ship) and then drop out?

We were hoping to put together a small tour and our concern is raised mostly with St.Petersburg since the cost of the tours are higher than the other ports and pricing or expected pricing each person would pay is based on how many people is anticipated to join the tour.

Also, how far in advance did you actually book your private tours?

Thanks for the input.

Julia

You probably saw my post about having to pay for a last minute cancellation of a family member! It's hard enough to collect from relatives...don't know how to enforce payment from a stranger.

For example, I agreed to share the costs of a special fireworks viewing boat at Disney World on several occasions, and both times there were no-shows. Those of us who DID go on the boat paid more. I felt that the person reserving the boat should've collected the money from everyone ahead of time, but it was only a small amount then. For a two-day tour of St. Petersburg where you're talking ~ $300+/per person for a custom tour, I think you need to make it very clear that if a replacement can't be found in time to cancel without penalty, then they are still responsible to pay their portion. And get it in writing.

I booked our July 2005 DenRus tour last March.

No I hadn't seen your post but thanks for the heads up.

We all know that things unforseen can happen prior to a cruise so there is time for everyone else to have time to adjust their "costs". Just wondering how others have handled this situation and what works best. As we are now starting to put itineraries together and asking if anyone is interested in joining small tour group, best to be prepared.

If we won the lottery , I wouldn't mind picking up the overage but that hasn't happened yet.:(

Julia

Archived