Cigar Smoking

wcolucci

Just had a good question come up on the roll calls

Is cigar smoking allowed in an outside area?

I don't mean near the pools, but in an area sort of out of the way?? Apparently the inside cigar bar, (hmmm...didn't know there was one), is ok.

Any input would be great

Thanks

Cigar smoking is allowed on outside decks in the smoking areas. Also they have a "cigars under the stars" at 9-12pm in the Dolphin bar on lido deck each night. The cigar bars are on Vista class ships only.........jean:cool:

Since I'm assuming you are a cigar smoker looking for a "haven", I just had a terrible experience, not being a smoker (any more) in that we paid dearly to upgrade to a verandah stateroom on the Ryndam and couldn't use the verandah very often because our next door neighbor was constantly on his verandah, with his big stinky cigar, leaning on the rail, and all of the excess smoke came directly into our verandah (and room, anytime we opened the door). I'm hoping that if you have a verandah room you will be considerate of your neighbors. There are specific areas for smoking, and as mentiioned above, smoking under the stars is available. Sorry for my soap box but it really was upsetting that we couldn't enjoy our verandah.

Happy Sails, Colette

Wow. I hate to rain on your verandah, Colette, BUT.....

My husband and I have gotten into the habit of balconies. We have a "Mini-Suite" booked on the Volendam. (We all pay "dearly" for our verandahs);)

Dom RARELY smokes his cigars at home. I curb my cigarettes, BUT....

On vacations/cruises, we smoke up a storm on our balconies!

Thanks Jean....we're booked on the Westerdam 1/22 so I'll try to stay up that late!

soooo Colette...don't hang out on the veranda smoking in my boxers and dirty t-shirt huh??

Actually my wife is very anti smoking so our veranda is out.

We figure it is my vacation too so as long as I'm not doing it in front of her or my 15 month old daughter she says so be it.

I enjoy the act of smoking a cigar, guess I got that from my father, (75 and healthy thanks...3 cigars a day), but I don't need to impose my pleasures on those who don't feel as I do...that's why I asked the question

I work 11-12 hrs a day...I am looking forward to this vacation and for a nice quiet place where I can get a nice Hennessey XO, or good glass of scotch and take an hour to myself....selfish??? you bet!!! but I earned it...just as my wife has "earned" her upcoming time in the spa, but it is a relatively smmall space andI am considerate of my fellow pax

wcolucci.........We just finished a Holland America cruise last month where cigar smoking was allowed out on the deck just behind the Crow's Nest, outside of course. With the wind blowing, we didn't have to worry about anyone complaining about the smoke. I hope you enjoy your smokes!

Thanks Rebel,

My wife was going through her dresser last night starting to get stuff ready...meanwhile, I'm going through my humidor looking for 3 or 4 I'd like to spend some time with!!

Anyone else on the 1/22 Westerdam??? I'll bring some extras!!

SOBORE.....HAL does have a few cigars for sale, but their selection was very limited, and VERY overpriced. They don't mind if you bring your own, most of those who smoked on the last cruise brought their own. Of course, you can always buy a few in the ports you'll visit, and enjoy them on the ship.

The cigar bars are on Vista class ships only.........jean:cool:

The Prinsendam has a lovely Oak Room cigar lounge with cigars and cognacs, etc. available. The elegant atmosphere is completed with big comfy leather chairs and (during our cruise last year) a photo of Queen Beatrice of the Netherlands over the fake fireplace.

Archived