Mediterraneo Havana excursion from NCL to Vista Hermosa?

Bostonjetset

Has anyone done this excursion? I realize that many on here prefer private tours to those offered by the cruiseline but this farm-to-table food experience seems like it would be more difficult to do on one's own anyway. It is my second time to Havana and last time I went I did the Free Havana Walking Tour which was amazing so we may do that in the afternoon as this time I'm travelling with my mum and she has not been before.

Looks like others (AirBnB, CTN) offer this same tour, with a visit to that farm and back to the restaurant Mediterraneo :

https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/117928

https://www.cubatravelnetwork.com/cuba-excursions/excursion/from-farm-to-table-a-culinary-field-trip

Thanks for the link. CTN is asking €234 for two people which isn’t that far off NCL’s excursion price of $298 USD for 2 people ($149 each). Seems like in this case booking through the ship is almost a wash so we’d likely do that. The reviews I’ve read online are all great but I wanted to know if any CC members have taken the tour and have any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But the AirBnB site quotes U$72/€61pp for the tour, much cheaper.

Doesn't seem like you need to be associated with AirBnB in any way to take the tour. Seems like it goes to the same farm and the same restaurant.

I ate at the restaurant of a well-known organic farm in Vinales and it was a wonderful experience, a varied menu and very good quality. (Food in Cuba can too often not be good, even at the paladares that are said to be higher quality, with higher quality products to start from, so I am always thankful for a good meal in Cuba.)

Hope you enjoy your tour, whomever it ends up being sponsored by.

Edited by RiverBlues

But the AirBnB site quotes U$72/€61pp for the tour, much cheaper.

Doesn't seem like you need to be associated with AirBnB in any way to take the tour. Seems like it goes to the same farm and the same restaurant.

I ate at the restaurant of a well-known organic farm in Vinales and it was a wonderful experience, a varied menu and very good quality. (Food in Cuba can too often not be good, even at the paladares that are said to be higher quality, with higher quality products to start from, so I am always thankful for a good meal in Cuba.)

Hope you enjoy your tour, whomever it ends up being sponsored by.

I checked the Airbnb link but they didn’t have my date listed (08/14). I’m taking this trip with my mum and she would likely feel better going through the ship anyway if it is anything away from the Havana Vieja area (walking distance basically). As long as the tour is good and we enjoy our time I’m fine with paying a bit more. I just don’t want to overpay for something that we could easily do ourselves like the walking tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please tell your mum, from another of possibly similar age who wanders around Havana at will, that there is nothing to be concerned about in Havana. Learn the word for cruise ship (crucero ---crew-SAY-roo) or cruise pier (muelle de cruceros----MOO-yay de), or write it down, and any taxi driver will get you back there from any location.

Also, be careful walking around in Vieja. It's easy to trip and fall on the cobbles and uneven pavement. Use the inexpensive bici-taxis to get around the neighborhood.