St. Petersburg - ALLA, TJ's, Best Guides........PRIVATE vs. GROUP -

Check out Guide Guru. We just used them on August 12 - 13 for their 2 day "Comfy" tour. The price was the same as Alla's Cruise Critic price and it included lunch if you ask. The benefit was that the group is no more than 10. In our case there were 8. The smaller the better for me.

We used Guide Guru recently for private touring, and while we were very pleased with our guides and their ability to conduct a very high quality tour, we had a couple of issues... we were charged a higher amount than what was originally quoted because of an error on their part, and the itinerary the guide was given by the office did not match what was originally arranged.

Just returned from Disney Magic Baltic cruise. We used TJ Tours in St. Petersburg on 8/12/18 for a private tour for 3 people. They did a truly wonderful job! Both guide and driver (Darya and Victor) were pleasant, professional, and friendly, They made sure we saw all the things on our long list. Meet up in the terminal was easy, we avoided all the long lines, credit card processing was quick and easy, and I would definitely use TJ Tours again and would be happy to recommend them to friends.

We just completed a private (4 people) tour in SPB with Dancing Bear tours They worked with us in creating a custom itinerary and charged less than the other 10 companies who quoted on our visit No lines anywhere, our car provided door to door service, flexible when we needed to adapt to weather conditions and an attentive and knowledgeable guide. I can highly recommend.

We just finished our Baltic cruise and used TJ Travel for both Berlin and St Petersburg. We’re are family of 16 that included 8 grandchildren ages 4-18 years.

Our St Petersburg guide was, Oksana, and she was wonderful with the children. She always included them when she was telling us the stories and history of St Petersburg.

TJ Travel was easy to work with and all our correspondences were answered very quickly.

St Petersburg is definitely a highlight of the Baltic cruise and using a tour company like TJ Travel is important in getting the most out of your visit.

We just did a tour with Alla. The St. Petersburg 2 day tour was fantastic. The pace was decent, but not too rushed. They were 100% as advertised. They met the ship, were totally upfront, worry free. Even though we booked a "group" tour, we ended up with 6 couples on an 18 passenger large Mercedes van. We were all from the same ship. There was no gimmicky souvenir shopping or stopping at an art factory etc. I'd totally recommend Alla to someone looking to book a tour off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
We did a TJ tour from the Zuiderdam in July of 2018 and we had 15 in our group. The group worked well together, mix of families with older children and couples. SPB is sooooooo crowded that everyone was dealing with a level of crowds no matter if you were with a private tour or a small group. Now I could have done without a 2 hour walk through St. Catherine's gardens in the high heat. We had a nice lunch the first day "in the countryside" and a terrible lunch the second day in the city. Both we paid for ourselves. The Mercedes van had AC but European AC is not American AC. I was glad we didn't do the hydrofoil. It seems great when reading about it, but I bet it was a hot ride.

We will be doing the Baltics next May on Brilliance of the Seas. Hoping it won't be very hot at that time. Crossing my fingers.