Anyone concerned about Sensation?

REDSOX1

Booked Sensation from Port Canaveral on 5/22/06. Ship is currently in New Orleans helping out FEMA, with police and rescue personnel and their families staying aboard. It looks like it will be there through March and then start cruising again in April? Carnival states the ship will be refurbished in between, doesn't seem like enough time to me?? Anyone have any other info?? I want everything to be perfect for this cruise, we are celebrating out 10th anniversary while on board. :D Thanks!

Booked Sensation from Port Canaveral on 5/22/06. Ship is currently in New Orleans helping out FEMA, with police and rescue personnel and their families staying aboard. It looks like it will be there through March and then start cruising again in April? Carnival states the ship will be refurbished in between, doesn't seem like enough time to me?? Anyone have any other info?? I want everything to be perfect for this cruise, we are celebrating out 10th anniversary while on board. :D Thanks!

Not worried at all.... why would I be? It will be refurbished... these people aren't crapping in the halls or anything, I'm not sure how long you would think refurbishment would take? There is staff onboard cleaning every day... I wouldn't see it taking more than a few weeks, which is how long they are planning. I'm not worried and can't wait to get back on her!! :D

I don't know the extent of the refurbishment that will be done, but I have seen on the Travel Channel a documentary on ship refurbishment. What they did in less than a month was amazing! All areas were updated, the computers were updated, the rooms were updated, the common areas were all updated. Like I said, amazing. All should be good for your cruise. We are going on the Holiday and it will also be reburshied. I'm looking forward to see what has been done.

We are seriously looking at booking this boat for 5-8-06. This will be my second time on her. She is not my favorite, but I really liked the itinarary and the price. She is supose to be refurbed from top to bottm, so she should be in good shape. I hope they redo the atrium. The neon was pretty but a bit dated now.

I was watcing a show on the travel channel where they dry docked a royal ship and added a whole section (to add balconies and more space to the lido deck--this took less then 3 weeks.

Not worried at all.... why would I be? It will be refurbished... these people aren't crapping in the halls or anything, I'm not sure how long you would think refurbishment would take? There is staff onboard cleaning every day... I wouldn't see it taking more than a few weeks, which is how long they are planning. I'm not worried and can't wait to get back on her!! :D

Nice thought! LOL :eek: :p :D

Anyone concerned about Sensation?

Only when I pee?

Sorry, I have that "Carnival Names" thread in my head.

Seriously, they can do so much in a couple weeks. Most dry dockings of Carnival ships are only about 2 weeks. But I am sure they have been taking care of her just as diligently in port these last few months as they do when she is cruising.

We are booking this ship for April 20th. I also had some misgivings on booking it after I read FEMA will have it until March. My concerns were about them keeping it longer if needed then our trip would be bumped. I called Carnvial and was assured the April sailings would happen.

We are booking this ship for April 20th. I also had some misgivings on booking it after I read FEMA will have it until March. My concerns were about them keeping it longer if needed then our trip would be bumped. I called Carnvial and was assured the April sailings would happen.

We're booked for May 8th sailing and the idea of FEMA keeping it longer has occurred to me! However based on the amount of money they have already spent to ATTEMPT to clean up New Orleans, I doubt FEMA has that kind of money to pay Carnival for keeping the ship any longer.

:confused:

We are on the March 27th cruise. This will be the second week after the ship has been placed back in to service. I have the same concerns that all of you have stated above, but a 2 - 3 week dry dock refurbishment should be more than sufficient time to correct those things that need to be updated and add a few more amenities.

I was wondering, does anybody out there know someone with the FEMA group now that is staying on the ship? What kind of work is currently being done while she sits in port? How may FEMA people are actually staying on the ship now? I know a couple of guys that work for BellSouth that were sent to New Orleans for emergency work. They lived in gyms, lobbies, tents, and hotels during the last four months. They are back now and tell me that things are really turning around for the city. Although many residents will never return to New Orleans because they have nothing to return to, the primary emergency work is essentially completed. Therefore, I wonder if the ship is fully occupied, or even 50% used.

Disney Wonder 6/2003

Carnival Glory 5/2004

Soverign of the Seas 12/2004 (Cancelled due to illness)

Soverign of the Seas 4/2005

Sensation 3/2006

We are considering booking an April 1st. cruise on the Sensation, and I am a little concerned about FEMA keeping the ship longer and bumping us as well. I'm sure it will be beautifully refurbished when it is put back into service.

From my understanding there are police and fire personnel and their families staying on the ship. These are folks that were New Orleans residents and stayed to provide emergency assistance. I am also concerned about FEMA keeping the ship longer. However, there has been some discussion and debate in Congress that paying Carnival is not a good use of resources, after reading that I feel better that they will not keep it longer. It looks like New Orleans in getting back into shape as they are advertising trips to Mardi Gras for this year. I'll be watching what happens closely! I would think that Carnival would not want to bump another round of passengers, not good public relations.

We are seriously looking at booking this boat for 5-8-06. This will be my second time on her. She is not my favorite, but I really liked the itinarary and the price. She is supose to be refurbed from top to bottm, so she should be in good shape. I hope they redo the atrium. The neon was pretty but a bit dated now.

She's not your favorite, if you don't mind, what are the pro's and cons in your opinion?

From my understanding there are police and fire personnel and their families staying on the ship. These are folks that were New Orleans residents and stayed to provide emergency assistance. I am also concerned about FEMA keeping the ship longer. However, there has been some discussion and debate in Congress that paying Carnival is not a good use of resources, after reading that I feel better that they will not keep it longer. It looks like New Orleans in getting back into shape as they are advertising trips to Mardi Gras for this year. I'll be watching what happens closely! I would think that Carnival would not want to bump another round of passengers, not good public relations.

The initial concern was that the University was going to use 2 of Carnival's ships, as Carnival was in negotiation with them... it looks like they have chosen the ships, and no Carnival ships are being used, so you should be fine...

Topcat, have you been on the Sensation since they added the Atrium bar? It really does make a difference in there...

We have booked her for the April 24th sailing and I have every confidence she will be in great shape for us. We sailed her back in '96 and enjoyed our cruise very much. I won't lie - there was nothing subtle or dull about her decor! Since then we have become balcony snobs (we never should have booked that first balcony), and that is the only reason we haven't sailed her again. This itinerary is just too good to resist, so we will trade our balcony for some great beach time. We are really looking forward to returning to an old friend :)

Hopefully those of you on the first few sailings will report back here. I promise to do a review after our cruise.

GoinCruzin,

We were on her in August of 04. Can't say that I remember the atrium bar for sure. I think it was there, just outside the big lounge?? I remember the piano and the music filtering up through the decks.

My husband loves kareoke, so that is usually the lounge we frequent the most:rolleyes: . Of course neither of us sing but we sure like to watch those who think they can;), lol.

We are looking at her for May 8th, 06. My daughter will graduate college on the 6th and this was her pick.

Archived