Stingrays and Hell

Mizchief224

My husband and I are sailing Magic in October.

We are looking into booking Stingray sandbar, Coral Gardens and Starfish point from Native Way Watersports.

I have seen people say they have used them for their stingray encounters. Do they provide gear to snorkel with? Should we get our own? Should we get our own anyway just so we have it?

I also wanted to send my kids post cards while there from Hell. I know that Native Way has a option that includes going to Hell but we are not interested in going to see the sea turtle farm. If we want to go see Hell will we have to get a cab to take us there separately?

This is our first cruise....our ship docks in Grand Cayman at 7:30 am when are we allowed to get off?

It's always good to have your own snorkel gear, but depending on the size family your talking about, could be a good bit of extra stuff to pack / travel with... Most stingray city tours will drop you off along seven mile beach after the tour, in which case you could catch the public bus up to Hell for $2.50 each... Afterwards, $2.50 each would get you back to the cruise ship terminal. Also, there is no dock in Grand Cayman. You will take a small boat (tender) from the ship to the shore, and then take another tender back to the ship afterwards...

I've used Native Way Watersports twice and definitely recommend them!! They supply the snorkeling gear and we didn't have any problems using theirs. I have not gone to "Hell" so I can't speak on that. You might try e-mailing them to see if this would be an option or what they would recommend. They could advice you on the timing also to see if this detour back to the ship would be feasible.

As the other poster said, you will be tendering in Grand Cayman. Pay attention to your daily bulletins and see what the procedures are to disembark with a non-cruiseline excursion. Sometimes you need to get tickets. You might research this issue on the Magic's cruiseline's board.

Have fun!! :cool: