most cost effecient dolphin encounter. atlantis or blue lagoon?

graci67

hey all. first time cruiser here, :D I just have a question im sure all of you have been asked. my husband and I really want to do either the dolphin or sea lion encounter. my question is, atlantis or blue lagoon? we would really love to squeeze in a bit of shopping and sight seeing, maybe before or after the encounter? for the days we are going ( April 28th- may 2nd of next year) it will be almost the same price. ive heard blue lagoon is a bit farther from port than atlantis? we will be arriving at 8 AM and departing at 6:00 PM. any advice is appreciated!

You need to take a water taxi to Blue lagoon, while you will take a shuttle bus to Atlantis. That said, once you arrive at Atlantis, you would have a long walk balk to the dolphin area.

We did the Atlantis one, but not Blue Lagoon. For Atlantis, once we got there, we were assigned an encounter time. It was a couple of hours out. The ticket includes access to the Aquarium there (that is themed as the lost city), so we did that during the wait, and is a lot of fun. By the time we finished our encounter, and got our pictures, it was time to get back to the ship.

I don't know how the timing of the Blue lagoon water taxies are, to get back to the port, or how long the total experience takes.