Palma De Mallorca in a Day

My mom and I are going on our first trip to Europe this October on a 12-night cruise! We’re two fit, adventurous Americans who love walking, window shopping, and taking pictures of quaint and quirky side streets and alleyways. We perfer smaller, local, village-style experiences to touristy or big-city-style jaunts, though we enjoy both. We’re big foodies, and we’re NOT huge fans of galleries or beaches.

Our ship docks in Palma, and we want to explore on our own. Have any must-see’s for us? We’d like to avoid public transport while we’re there, if at all possible. (Though I would absolutely LOVE to visit Valldemossa, but it would have to REALLY be worth it, and the trip there/back would have to be stress-free.)

My mom and I are going on our first trip to Europe this October on a 12-night cruise! We’re two fit, adventurous Americans who love walking, window shopping, and taking pictures of quaint and quirky side streets and alleyways. We perfer smaller, local, village-style experiences to touristy or big-city-style jaunts, though we enjoy both. We’re big foodies, and we’re NOT huge fans of galleries or beaches.

Our ship docks in Palma, and we want to explore on our own. Have any must-see’s for us? We’d like to avoid public transport while we’re there, if at all possible. (Though I would absolutely LOVE to visit Valldemossa, but it would have to REALLY be worth it, and the trip there/back would have to be stress-free.)

If you read through this tread you will find what you are looking for if you want some other options come back to me.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2369657

We took a a taxi to Cathedral and just walk around from there. Turkish Bath, Market, must see .

That sounds great! Were there taxis waiting when you got off the ship? Were they trustworthy? We’ve had bad experiences with foreign taxi companies in the past...

Taxis are waiting when you get off the ship and are metered and will have point to point fixed rates -- you should not be ripped off but be aware of the meter when you get in the taxi fare into Palma old city about 10 eu.

Taxis are waiting when you get off the ship and are metered and will have point to point fixed rates -- you should not be ripped off but be aware of the meter when you get in the taxi fare into Palma old city about 10 eu.

Its around 15-20 $ now depend on traffic.

Its around 15-20 $ now depend on traffic.

Just as I was saying Your Taxi took you round the houses, it is a straight run from the port to the cathedral and Fare IS 9,28 eu

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Palma-de-Majorca-Spain&from=Cruise+Terminal%2C+Palma+de+Mallorca%2C+Estacio+Maritima+2%2C+Avinguda+de+Gabriel+Roca%2C+Palma%2C+Spain&to=Cathedral+(Le+Seu)&fromCoord=39.5528972,2.6266114999999672

Edited by roger b
mis spelling