Do you use a travel agent or book with NCL direct?

I don't always sail with NCL so I use my personal TA no matter what. Trying to get through to the right person to solve whatever person is a chore, so I let the TA do all the work. She just has done such a great job over the past 20 years, that I hope she continues to thrive. 

I suggest one keep trying until they find a good all around cruise travel agent and stick to that one.

Score them by how soon they fix any problems. How easy to reach and get back to you. Efficiency. Be sure she gets as good a deal as any other you can find by yourself. The TA can usually tell you why your new found deal may not be as good as it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, graphicguy said:

That works.

I use an online TA who I use that offers me OBC, perks and the lowest fare if I book through their site.  If I need to have one of their Agents book it for me (like helping me choose a cabin) then they charge a little more, maybe don’t offer as much OBC, etc....but, they offer that sort of assistance, too.

Personally, I like the control of looking at what I want, chasing down a cabin I like (and any associated deals that accompany that cabin), finding the right itinerary, the right ship, the right  fare, etc.  But, that’s just me.

The downside?  If I choose a bad cabin, on an undesirable part of the ship, that’s on me.  No one to blame but myself.  But, I’ve got a pretty good feel for cabin types and where they’re located on the ship....whether they’d be to my liking.  At the end of the day, every time I book, I get the price, perks, location, type, itinerary, etc that I had a hand in from beginning to end.

When/if there are “snafus”, my online TA has been very good at getting everything taken care of for me, however.

I know what you mean about cabin choice. I had always liked Aft cabins, but the Voyage of the Seas aft cabin turned out to be a terrible choice.