Spirit Cruise 15.7.18

This was our first ever cruise but it certainly won't be our last. Everything about it, from arriving at the airport to getting home was as smooth as silk. As is well known, Spirit is an old girl, but a venerable and much loved old girl, we met loads of people who were repeat cruisers on the ship.

Food was fine in both the Lido and Compass Rose. Our waiters, Carl and Glynn were excellent, professional but full of fun as well and made mealtimes a treat.

Our cabin, 434 was comfortable with twin beds, aircon and an adequate bathroom. We spent most daylight hours on decks 5 and 6, never used a sunbed but their were plenty of chairs available which suited us. One thing to be aware of, the deck stewards try to sell you cheap cigarettes constantly. These are duty free not duty paid so you could have problems at customs with them.

Entertainment was very good, loved strumjam and the bandjam session when both groups got together was amazing. Saw 1 show in the theatre but we preferred to be outside at night.

The ports were interesting enough, the sailaway fron Mahon is breathtaking.

To sum up, we had a wonderful week, so much so, we have booked 2 weeks in the Caribbean on her sister ship, Celebration (Yes the wife loved it and cant wait for February :D:))

So glad you enjoyed your cruise and when you get to the Caribbean you'll know your way round the ship as Celebration is Spirits sister ship She has been renovated and looks a little less shabby than lovely Spirit The only difference is there is now no cinema on Celebration but everything else the same

Strum jam along with Topmen are my favourite bands and yes the BandJam is really good

The cruise you are going on in Feb is fabulous - enjoy

So glad you enjoyed your cruise and when you get to the Caribbean you'll know your way round the ship as Celebration is Spirits sister ship She has been renovated and looks a little less shabby than lovely Spirit The only difference is there is now no cinema on Celebration but everything else the same

Strum jam along with Topmen are my favourite bands and yes the BandJam is really good

The cruise you are going on in Feb is fabulous - enjoy

Thanks for that, we're really looking forward to it. Having never cruised before, thete was something about Spirit that I can't put my finger on. She just felt right. I really hope Celebration has the same feel.