Birthday suggestions

Does your father have a preference for specific types of food? It would be nice to book one of the 2 speciality restaurants that he likes.

I’ve never celebrated my birthday onboard but my husband has quite a few times, and we have also have anniversary celebrations onboard. We have usually booked the specialty restaurant then.

Is this going to be a surprise for him? I would let your TA know in advance if you think he would like this to be announced on the Voyager today program on TV and the dining room staff usually come along and sing happy birthday and have a surprise cake to give to him.

Whatever you chose I am sure it will be a very special birthday onboard Voyager.

We have friends onboard just now and I’ve had a few messages saying they are having a wonderful time.

Enjoy sharing his special day. Jean.

We have been on board a number of times for my Mom's birthday and each time when we returned from our excursions there would be balloons in the room and a lovely note from the Captain.

Ahead of time I would arrange to have Mom's favorite dessert available which would be presented in CR.

If you would like to plan something, speak to the assistant cruise director and they will help plan whatever surprises you may like.

gnomie :):):)

I am glad gnommie1 mentioned the balloons and cabin banners, I had completely forgotten that.

We didn’t mention on our 30th anniversary 3 years ago on Mariner. We had boarded that day and put up our cards we had taken from home to open,

When we came back from dinner in the evening the butler and stewards had balloons and banners and rose petals in the room along with a bottle of champagne chilling in the ice bucket. We hadn’t even mentioned.

We were so touched and grateful, just like Regent always goes that extra mile to make everyone feel so special. Jean.

Our whole family celebrated Mom's 80th on Mariner. We all brought birthday cards from home, a few cards from from friends, and asked our room steward to coordinate with HER steward to have them put on her room service breakfast tray. The staff were VERY accommodating, and she just loved it.

My husband has had several birthdays on board. They decorate the room. Once I arranged for a special party in CR with friends which was a surprise. The baker made him an incredible cake. Another time, we had a dinner with Daniela who is a long time friend and the F and B manager. She ordered a special menu of all his favorite things.

If your father has a particular cuisine that he likes, such as Indian, Filipino, Indonesian, you can arrange for a special dinner involving that in CR. Obviously you have to arrange ahead of time, but it is a great surprise party idea

Regent will do as little or as much (within reason) as is comfortable for guests regarding commemorating birthdays and wedding anniversaries. In our history, this has been as modest as a small birthday cake; to a larger cake when celebrating a significant wedding anniversary with friends and relatives; to arranging a special dinner either at Compass Rose or one the specialty restaurants.

Suite decorations go with the territory. Or, if one prefers, not to have this treatment. Just advise, in advance, your butler or room attendant to defer the confetti and balloons.

And, a special dinner. But, that special dinner does not need to be tied to a specific event. Example: our favorite Compass Rose dinner is miso-glazed Chilean sea bass w/sticky rice on a banana leaf. Simply give staff 48-hour advance notice when this item is not on the menu. Favorite dessert is from Prime 7--caramel corn sundae. Want it--ask for it.

Upcoming cruises will occur on either mine, or my wife's birthday(s); plus, in 2020, our 50th wedding anniversary. So--will coordinate appropriate extras with our TA and Regent staff prior to boarding, specifically regarding the wedding anniversary.

My wife and I have specifically asked in the past not to have half the Compass Rose dining staff (a bit of exaggeration) deflected from their busy duties to serenade us with either happy birthday or anniversary songs. But, different strokes for different folks. Whatever is comfortable for you. That is 5+star cruising.

GOARMY!