solo supplement out of ny

bones774

Single supplement is 75% in Britannia. I believe that it's 100% in the Grills.

If you get a deep enough discount on the original fare, then it almost evens out.

The single cabins seem popular ... not cheap but they sell out early. Apparently the ample space and updated bathrooms make all the difference.

Bones......You are in a 'sweet' spot, in NY and able to go on short notice. I think I have heard / somewhere ?? read ?? here on CC.... that there's maybe a 3 day minimum between sign-up and departure, for security and processing Passport info, etc etc etc. Getting clarification on that will be good, and its sure to come, here on this forum.

My best deal, solo, was eastbound T/A on QM2 in Nov 2016 when I paid $1117.00 for the 7 nights, in a balcony stateroom. It was booked, maybe 3 months in advance.

Happy sailing / happy travelling.

Here in the UK, It is usually best to check on the solo pricing of the Normal Britannia Cabins, Inside, Balcony, Ocean view etc for solo use as Often they work out cheaper than the "New purpose built solo cabins"

Bones......You are in a 'sweet' spot, in NY and able to go on short notice. I think I have heard / somewhere ?? read ?? here on CC.... that there's maybe a 3 day minimum between sign-up and departure, for security and processing Passport info, etc etc etc. Getting clarification on that will be good, and its sure to come, here on this forum.

Yes, I count on that sweet spot, gotten me lots of great deals before.

I've only heard, like you, about that processing lag, not sure though. One of the major onlines' offer bookings till the day before, at least that's what is advertised.

thanks

I often travel solo on the QM2 and getting a single supplement "bargain" is hard to find. But last May, a friend sent me a Cunard email promotion (I did not receive) offering reduced single supplements on year end sailings. Most were not much of savings off the usual 75% but the 11/4/18 was only a 10% supplement based on the inside IC category -$1198. Although the email said it was available only to whom it was sent, I called my travel agent and got the deal. I also booked air thru Cunard, JFK to Heathrow for $297. ……………..It use to be I always got a good deal on the 12/15 sailings but the insides on this year's 12/15 sailings have been sold out for a couple of weeks. Cunard's website does not show a reduced single supplement. You can do a dummy booking on Cunard's website and if you find a voyage sailing soon with lots of availability and deeply discounted, call Cunard.

I often travel solo on the QM2 and getting a single supplement "bargain" is hard to find. But last May, a friend sent me a Cunard email promotion (I did not receive) offering reduced single supplements on year end sailings. Most were not much of savings off the usual 75% but the 11/4/18 was only a 10% supplement based on the inside IC category -$1198. Although the email said it was available only to whom it was sent, I called my travel agent and got the deal. I also booked air thru Cunard, JFK to Heathrow for $297. ……………..It use to be I always got a good deal on the 12/15 sailings but the insides on this year's 12/15 sailings have been sold out for a couple of weeks. Cunard's website does not show a reduced single supplement. You can do a dummy booking on Cunard's website and if you find a voyage sailing soon with lots of availability and deeply discounted, call Cunard.

I would take that, good deal. thaanks