First cruise

bronxboy683

In my purse - but I'm not carrying around a purse when I'm on a cruise. I bought a nice necklace type card holder and wear it proudly. Guess I'm one of those nerd platinum cruisers. I've never understood why someone wearing even a bulky lanyard around their neck bothers other people.

Nerd Platinum right here with ya! DH can put his in his pocket but he even likes it on a lanyard to loop through belt loop so it doesn’t get lost. My Tinkerbell lanyard has lasted probably a dozen cruises so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These work great with those plastic card holders that come with the lanyards, I also keep cash in it for extra tips, and a copy of the fun times. It works great on the wrist. [ATTACH]426052[/ATTACH]

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=jsvarp&date=12-8-2018&text=&ship=Carnival%20Breeze

^^^^^THIS is what DH and I have used. We find ones in the colors of the cruise line we are on. I generally wear mine on the upper arm like a jogger would, Dh wears his like a bracelet.

But now that most cruise lines are going with smartphone apps tied into the ships activities, interactive reservations, onboard chat, and whatnot we might just invest in waterproof armband wallets for the phones. That way we have also have something that can be used ports for water activities.

My wife has a vera bradley one. Got it for her as a stocking stuffer. She also bought us all lanards that say Minnesota on them so we can look like dorks. lol. I personally don't like wearing things around my neck is all. I do use a lanyard but I wrap one end through a belt loop and then the other end with the card goes in my pocket. Sort of like a wallet chain. I have a clip running through the hole in the card so I can easily just slip it off to hand to the bartender.

Agreed. I've also seen Golds and D&Ps with lanyards so I don't think it's as much of a newbie thing as some say.

Don't think it was meant that it was a newbie thing. But that you can get idea of how many nebies are on board from the number of blue s&s cards.

Keep in mind that blue doesn't necessarily mean new to cruising. The blue card holder could just be new to Carnival. I have a friend who had roughly a dozen cruises with Disney and Royal before "jumping ship" and switching to Carnival.

Yep. Lanyard wearing nerd here too. I do not like to carry anything around the ship with me and I would lose a card in my pocket.

Same here, I don't want to carry my wallet around with me while on a cruise, and I recently learned my lesson about having a loose card in my pocket.

I temporarily lost my debit card on our last cruise because it was in my pocket and I didn't take it right back to the cabin when I was done with it. Apparently when I sat down it slipped right out of my pocket and I didn't realize it was gone until later when I went to put it back in my wallet in the safe and I about lost my mind! Luckily one of the crew found it while sweeping and turned it in to GS and I got it back. I've always been so afraid of that happening with my S&S card, so I've always worn it on a lanyard, and it makes it so much handier for the multiple times a day you need to use it.

We are turning gold this cruise and I use a lanyard, same reasons as most above, no pockets, don’t want to carry a purse. I’ll have to check into the VB ones! I personally prefer cruising with newbies, for the same reason I like traveling with children. You get to experience all the newness and excitement through their eyes. Everything is special to them and they aren’t complaining about every little thing. Sometimes, not always, platinum and up get a little jaded and self important.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums