Shore Excursion Discounts

;)Only time there is an across the board discount is when John H offers it on his F:):book: B page, but it's usually not that much and rarely done.

There is the first 48 hour bundle bonus offered on all new bookings. It's only available during the first 2 days after a bookings is made or a change causes a new booking number to be generated.

For Barclay FunPoint card holders there is the 10% credit back with double points offer when using their Carnival M/C to purchase excursions in My Cruise Manager. Then there is the specific excursion "specials", usually given when a normally popular tour is not selling as expected. These can have the biggest savings but the offer all depends on your fellow cruise passengers purchasing habit, as it can be for just one specific time slot on an excursion that offers multiple times selling ot quickly.

Lastly there is the limited to specific itinerary and VIFP # email that gives you a promo code to enter when ordering the excursion. Like the individual excursion "specials" it is generally only offered when sales are lagging on excursions for your ship and cruise date. These can try to be shared but don't always work for others on even the same ship as the individual receiving the email.

For Barclay FunPoint card holders there is the 10% credit back with double points offer when using their Carnival M/C to purchase excursions in My Cruise Manager. Then there is the specific excursion "specials", usually given when a normally popular tour is not selling as expected. These can have the biggest savings but the offer all depends on your fellow cruise passengers purchasing habit, as it can be for just one specific time slot on an excursion that offers multiple times selling ot quickly.

Lastly there is the limited to specific itinerary and VIFP # email that gives you a promo code to enter when ordering the excursion. Like the individual excursion "specials" it is generally only offered when sales are lagging on excursions for your ship and cruise date. These can try to be shared but don't always work for others on even the same ship as the individual receiving the email.

I have a Carnival MC that I haven’t used in years. If I use it for excursions, is there really a refund or is it points? I don’t remember the minimum number of points required to redeem, I have had 562 sitting there for years and don’t really want to have a larger but still unredeemable amount added.

When you purchase Carnival excursions using the Barclays card, you get both a statement credit of 10% and the double points. Remember it must be for a booking you are named on and done through Carnival's website.

So if say an excursion is $50/ adult, for a couple the charge shown on the payment page would be $100. The $100 charge will show on your credit card bill, then a $10 credit to the account, plus your 200 points. That means if the excursion tickets are the only thing on the statement all that is owed to Barclay is $90.

I do think the smallest amount to redeem is 1000 FunPoints is for a $10 cruise cash photo credit. 3300 points is the least expensive non-Carnival gift cards and 5000 the least amount to redeem against any Carnival purchase in the last 180 days.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

I tried this by booking an inexpensive excursion on August 2. I had to wait until today (Monday, August 6) for it to post, but there is now a 10% statement credit plus double points. I am going to book another, more expensive excursion tonight. Thanks so much for the info.