Excursion Flam Railway & bike ride back

wolf7

We are going to Fjords next June 11th in Flam , can someone tell me how much roughly will the excursion on Flam railway and bike back down be through P&O , also when are you able to book the Flam railway journey on line if we decide to DIY for next June?

Thanks

If I remember It was over a hundred pounds when I did it in 2017. We did not cycle from down the top. We cycled from around half way back down. I think the top half is tracks rather than a road. This was lucky as my travel insurance includes road cycling but not mountain biking. A very enjoyable excursion. We had our own carriage on the train, which was only half full, could sit where we wanted and had a very informative guide all the way. It nice to get away from them ship, thousands of other passengers and also get some fresh air.

I never do coach trip shore excursions so this seemed a good option.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going to the fjords in September and have booked this trip independently. I booked the train tickets through the Norwegian website www.nsb.no/en for 780NOK (approx. £72.00 for 2). We have reserved bikes at Myrdal through Café Rallaren (www.caferallaren.no) at a cost of 700NOK for 2.

We could only get tickets for the 11.05 train arriving at Myrdal at 12.01, but the cycle ride back is approximately 2 hours, so we should be fine.

Regards,

Michele