Viking Ocean Cruises Drink Policy

djb2429

Clay Clayton posted photos of the Torshavn Menu on one of the Silver Spirits threads...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55510203&postcount=126

Unfortunately it doesn't show any additional options under $15, hopefully Viking has since made some additions (his post was made in March 2018). We contemplated bringing a bottle of our favourite scotch with us, but opted not to do so as we had the Silver Spirit package, on our next Viking cruise we will likely just walk with a bottle of one of our favourites.

Tried unsuccessfully to find definition of "free during lunch and dinner".

Does this mean only free when seated for meal, or free at all bars and restaurants during specified hours? If the latter, what are the hours?

In response to a followup query to the very helpful staff at tellus@vikingcruises.com, I received this response:

The included wine is served during lunch and dinner service in our dining venues. The bar will not serve included wine or beer, even during lunch or dinner hours. However, you are free to grab a glass of wine or beer from one of the servers in any of the dining venues and take it with you to other parts of the ship, including your stateroom.

This will be good to know for our next cruise! :D

Clay Clayton posted photos of the Torshavn Menu on one of the Silver Spirits threads...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55510203&postcount=126

Unfortunately it doesn't show any additional options under $15, hopefully Viking has since made some additions (his post was made in March 2018). We contemplated bringing a bottle of our favourite scotch with us, but opted not to do so as we had the Silver Spirit package, on our next Viking cruise we will likely just walk with a bottle of one of our favourites.

We were given the SSBP and so have been thinking we wouldn't carry any on, but it looks like if I want something pretty good, and, no mortgage on the house, I better bring something. I do appreciate the sharing of the menu. Thanks

Two small suggestions. First, I think you are permitted to bring a couple of bottles of your own stuff on board and second, as we traveled around the world brands changed a bit depending on availability at each port. You might even call Viking and see if they will take a special order to the Provisions Master. It's easy for us as we normally drink Jack, Vodka, or rum. Just call me easy...:cool:

Thanks Easy Jim. One of my favorite things to do on our several Seabourn cruises was to try different Single Malts that I wouldn't try otherwise. Its not that important but it is a fairly premium cruise with lots of sea days (TA). I'm sure I'll survive, probably better than if there were a huge selection.;p

Just off Orion and visited Torshaven just a few times. They didn't seem to have a printed drinks menu but had an iPad with all the different drinks on that you could scroll through. I can't be 100% sure but I think that when I looked for port on the iPad the choices seemed to change - not on a regular basis - probably on an availability basis. Gave me the opportunity to try a few different ones - Only a few you understand!!!!