Carnival Legend vs. Marnier of the Seas

JrMafia90

Let me start off by saying hey guys, I haven't been on these boards since my last cruise in August but I'm back and it feels good.

Anyway, I am looking at two cruises, either the Carnival Legend out of NYC of the Marnier of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. There is 4 of us in a balcony room. The dates are for the Legend August 24 and the Marnier August 27. The Carnival Legend will be about $400 cheaper but the Marnier goes to more ports that we haven't been to, but I would love to go to St. Thomas again, and I never been to San Jaun and Tortola (which is the stops on the Legend). New York is so much closer, I don't have to fly which is great. And spending a night in NYC I love. But we always wants to try Royal Caribbean. So my question is which one is a better ship, what would you guys do? Is the Legend a good choice? Somebody please convice me it is. Because I love leaving out of NYC but te Marnier itin. sounds good to. So what should I do. Please help.

Let me start off by saying hey guys, I haven't been on these boards since my last cruise in August but I'm back and it feels good.

Anyway, I am looking at two cruises, either the Carnival Legend out of NYC of the Marnier of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. There is 4 of us in a balcony room. The dates are for the Legend August 24 and the Marnier August 27. The Carnival Legend will be about $400 cheaper but the Marnier goes to more ports that we haven't been to, but I would love to go to St. Thomas again, and I never been to San Jaun and Tortola (which is the stops on the Legend). New York is so much closer, I don't have to fly which is great. And spending a night in NYC I love. But we always wants to try Royal Caribbean. So my question is which one is a better ship, what would you guys do? Is the Legend a good choice? Somebody please convice me it is. Because I love leaving out of NYC but te Marnier itin. sounds good to. So what should I do. Please help.

Jr, who's been posting under your name for the past few months????? I could have sworn I have seen you alot since August!!!

I haven't been on either ship, but I have heard alot of great things about both the Mariner and the Legend... but I have heard more good about the Mariner. Good luck in your decision!

JrMafia90 - I haven't been on the Mariner specifically, but I have been on 3 RCL cruises, 2 NCL, 2 Costa, 1 Disney, and just came off the Legend (our first Carnival) this past Wednesday. I must be totally honest, and say that out of all the cruises we've been on, the Carnival/Legend experience was quite disappointing. There were definite positives, but all in all, the total experience didn't meet our expectations, or those of my kids (ages 13, and 19 with 8 cruises under their belt). I do honestly think that RCL gives you a better product for your money. I can totally relate to the advantage of not having to fly....that's a big consideration. If you have specific questions, I will try and answer them. Also, I could share some info that my cousin experienced on the Legend out of NYC by email if you would like.

JrMafia90 - I sailed on Royal Caribbean's Mariner in April of 2004 (Western itinerary). The year prior, I sailed on Carnival Triumph (Eastern itinerary). Notice we are now scheduled to sail Carnival's Legend, this year. Our experience on the Mariner was OK, but in my opinion there were many things on this ship that were not up to par with the Triumph.

I was dissappointed with the huge masses of uncontrolled kids on the Triumph; the next year I experienced the same thing on the Mariner, perhaps a little worse. Understandable, as both times, we sailed during Easter week.

The dining on the Mariner left much to be desired after experiencing the Triumph's dining. Mariner served more simple, basic foods while that on the Triumph seemed to be higher quality, definitely well prepared and presented- - definitely more gourmet choices and excellent aged beef.

Hope this helps>

This would be a tough choice for us as the Mariner was our favorite ship and cruise of all time, but our cruise on the Pride (Legend's sister) was our second favorite. If you have kids, the Mariner wins hands down. If not, I would strongly consider the Legend as that itinerary sounds good.

Having been on the Legend which I love and the sister to the Mariner(Navigator twice) I would select the Mariner hands down. They do not even compare to one another. The Voyager class ships have so much more to offer. To me it is worth the extra bucks to go on RCI but everyone has their own opinions on this.

Jr, who's been posting under your name for the past few months????? I could have sworn I have seen you alot since August!!!

I don't know, good question. I haven't mae a post up here since the night before I left.

Well it looks like it is going to be hard for me to pick. I don't knw they both sound good and have their pros and cons.

Archived