Be careful opening doors

chorder

Last April the wife and I had our 1st balcony room. We loved it and are spoiled now. One thing that we found out is that if you open the cabin door while the balcony door is open it can be like being inside a vacum cleaner .Not that big a deal just a little info.Though a child opening the door may have to be more careful.

I agree - the wind tunnel effect is something unexpected the first time you do that. Be prepared for any loose papers to go flying around the second you open the door. On our last cruise in the Star there is a little table with a small bud vase with flowers and that kept getting knocked over each time we opened the cabin door while the balcony door was open. It actually became kind of funny.

We booked a balcony for our first cruise and loved sleeping with the door open and being able to sit outside in pjs and see the weather before showering and dresing every morning. Or grabbing breakfast from the buffet and bringing it back to our balcony. Unfortunately on our 2nd cruise we got a Jr Suite since it was less than $100 more pp and now we are hooked on that. We do tend to spend time in our cabin and enjoy the extra space and like the layout better in the Jr Suite and depending on price we prefer to book that ,but no matter what we will not go below a balcony - wind tunnel and all.

We were in our cabin next door and heard this scream, crash, bang in our cabin. It was the middle of the afternoon, and I went into the hallway, at the same time the neighbor was coming back out of their stateroom, looking for a cabin steward. I asked what happened? Wife was apparently getting into closet for something, and when cabin door opened, closet door slammed closed and blew out of hinges? He had the closet door leaned up against the bathroom wall. It was an interesting example of the wind tunnel effect.:)

Archived