Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

21 minutes ago, DTtravelers said:

At first I thought it might be Aman or Andrew

But then it says right there that it is What

Presumably  in the absence of any alternative conclusion - the clue to the correct answer was the response by Sophia to my answer and possibly that there may be little evidence of anyone ever having the name of What?  But if there is or was then What might win.

🤷‍♂️

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Presumably  in the absence of any alternative conclusion - the clue to the correct answer was the response by Sophia to my answer and possibly that there may be little evidence of anyone ever having the name of What?  But if there is or was then What might win.

🤷‍♂️

Jeff

Well, of course What is a name.

However at the risk of getting lost in translation across the pond, it is based on the American version of cricket, aka baseball:

In Abbott and Costello's famous "Who's on first, of course, What was on second, and I Don't Know was on third...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DTtravelers said:

Well, of course What is a name.

However at the risk of getting lost in translation across the pond, it is based on the American version of cricket, aka baseball:

In Abbott and Costello's famous "Who's on first, of course, What was on second, and I Don't Know was on third...

That Trumps me.

I much more prefer your rational on the basis that mine is boring and your’s is much more entertaining. There is no greater crime against humanity than being boring.  Or being stuck with someone who is. 

So I conseed.  You do most certainly win.

😀

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

My favourite name joke was by one of our famous commentators on a cricket match with the West Indies   'the batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey'  (This might get taken off, I suppose).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, lincslady said:

My favourite name joke was by one of our famous commentators on a cricket match with the West Indies   'the batsman's Holding, the bowler's Willey'  (This might get taken off, I suppose).

It was a family name.  His son was called little Willey.

Jeff

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

The French are hosting The Olympics and today is the opening.  

What could pissably go wrong?

🤔

Jeff

Quite a lot judging by some of the ‘balancing’ acts! 😊

• Like 1

I suppose we shouldn't be amused, but a lot of it does look a bit silly - and I do love France, and its food and wine; and style of life; slightly less so the very very 'French'  people - by no means all of them.  And I do love their language, and speak it quite well.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I suppose we shouldn't be amused, but a lot of it does look a bit silly - and I do love France, and its food and wine; and style of life; slightly less so the very very 'French'  people - by no means all of them.  And I do love their language, and speak it quite well.

I think many feel - but not so many say - that they like France more than they like the French. 

Jeff

12 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

It’s going at a snails pace 😉

I belatedly now believe in the love of our maker.  

He has made less countries have names that begin with letters in the second half of the alphabet than the first half. 

Jeff

At least we came under G for Grande Bretagne rather than having to wait for R for Royaume Uni.  Sad that the plastic macs don't look very couture.  However, the railway attack is really horrible, and would seem to be due to a pretty well organised outfit.  It des not bode too well for the rest of the Games, but I hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lincslady said:

At least we came under G for Grande Bretagne rather than having to wait for R for Royaume Uni.  Sad that the plastic macs don't look very couture.  However, the railway attack is really horrible, and would seem to be due to a pretty well organised outfit.  It des not bode too well for the rest of the Games, but I hope I am wrong.

On the positive side no one was hurt.  

And those that may have adorned their Sunday Best and travelled to Paris filled with anticipation and hope instead remained at home and whilst initially perhaps disappointed realised that they had been spared the most boring Olympic openings of all time.  It was disgraceful.  

Do you remember when our Queen dropped in?  And those corgis.  Tall Paul.  And she didn't tell her own family.  No one will ever replace her.  I miss her.  Us Brits know how to do stuff. 

And at least those lovely rustic French suburbians stayed at home in the dry and with their own fridge and wine and baguettes and will get the train fare back.

Vive La Rain. 

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff