Help! Transportation from Fort Lauderdale Airport to South Beach???

jetta8300

I will be traveling with my husband and 5 year old son October 13, on a cruise out of Miami. We are flying into Fort Lauderdale to get a direct flight and a plane that isn't too tiny. We are flying in the day before, Saturday Oct. 13 and will arrive around 11am, and thinking of staying on South Beach for the night since we have so much time to kill. Has anyone taken a cab from FLL to Miami Beach? And how much $ are we talking? Any other better transportation suggestions? Or any other suggestions in general? Any help is appreciated!

Uber is popular and would be cheaper than a taxi.

Tri rail $5 per person from FLL to MIA airport then uber from there or before mia stop there's another stop to connect to another train to downtown Miami.

My thought though is plenty of nice hotels in ft Lauderdale area. Rent a car at fll airport to drop off at Mia airport the next day. Probably be $50.

I rent from Alamo when you drop off at mia you get a free shuttle to cruise port. Also if your a Costco member you get second driver free.

There's other rentals that offer free shuttle from mia airport to cruise. National, Thrifty and Enterprise.

If you flying back after cruise from fll. You could do the same. Reserve a rental car from a company listed above. Print reservation and bring with you. Shuttle will pick you up at cruise port and drop you off at mia to get your car.

thanks so much for your suggestions. we would just do a regular uber but we are afraid with 3 people and all of our luggage, we wouldn't fit in a regular sized car that would show up. I know you can get an Uber "XL" but it seems to run about the same amount as a car service or taxi.

The idea of renting a car in FLL and dropping off at Miami sounds really great. Thank you so much for checking prices. I really appreciate that!!! We may do this instead.

thanks so much for your suggestions. we would just do a regular uber but we are afraid with 3 people and all of our luggage, we wouldn't fit in a regular sized car that would show up. I know you can get an Uber "XL" but it seems to run about the same amount as a car service or taxi.

The idea of renting a car in FLL and dropping off at Miami sounds really great. Thank you so much for checking prices. I really appreciate that!!! We may do this instead.

Car rental is very convenient. Go where you want when you want without the worry of taxi or uber. Lugging stuff in and out or several cars. I know how it is with a little one with you.

If you need to park a rental car overnight, make sure you know if your hotel charges for parking (and, if so, how much) to add that to your budget. Miami Beach hotels charge $40 and up/night for parking. Many beachfront hotels in Fort Lauderdale charge $20 or $25 (or more) per night. Others in Fort Lauderdale charge less than $10 or are free.

Someone in your group must pack like my wife. :rolleyes:

UberXL or a taxi-van/SUV will run about $75 from FLL to South Beach. Larry's Limos and Go Airport also offer private transfers -- probably closer to $100 unless you opt for the stretch Hummer and stocked bar. :D