QM2 to Hawaii

bigo

Will be taking the QM2 from LA Feb.25th. for our 35th anniversary. We have taken only one cruise before on Carnival and it was the worst trip we have ever taken. I am hoping this cruise will be as great as our friends tell us it should be.

We would really appreciate any advice or tips that anyone could pass on to us.

I am assuming from other posts that the dress code is fairly formal for dining, but what about the rest of the day?

Hello Bigo,

We will be on the same cruise with you. This is our third cruise on the QM2 and our first visit to Hawaii. Since we are the east coast, our flight is the day before and we are staying on the original Queen Mary in Long Beach for one night before we depart. The QM2 will exceed your expectations!

Karen & Ken

QM2 November 2004

QM2 May 2005

QM2 February 2006

Karen & Ken:

Congrats on your big anniversary. We celebrated our 20th on the QM2 in June.

Just a note of caution to set expectations on the QM hotel in Long Beach, having just stayed there last month... She is old and defintely in need of an infusion of cash and TLC. BUT, if you both like history, can feel the romance of the past days of transatlantic travel, you can see beyond thaT. You'll appreciate "feeling the ghosts" of that era. I was astounded by how much of the original stateroom furnishings were stilll in use. It was sort of like walking into a floating antique shop.

Be sure to get a harborside, not parking lot, view.

Bon voyage!

• 1 month later...

Although it is two years away we want to go to Hawaii for our 40th anniversary. I will be anxious to hear how your cruise went. I have been reading the boards to get as much info as I can so that when they publish the date I can get registered. Snowflakes are falling all round right now.:(

You have a short time till sailing. Happy sailing.:)

Archived