Verandah cabins on Paradise

Cruisequest

We're sailing in December on the Paradise.

I'm wondering about the Verandah cabins on our ship.

Are they noisy due to being under the gym and spa?

Do you feel a lot of movement up there?

Any replies will be appreciated greatly!

Thanks!

NCL Sea 10-89

Carnival Elation 7-00

Carnival Paradise 12-04

FYI the movement thing and possibly the noise thing might change. Since Paradise is moving to the west coast in september the speeds and weather might be very different, and there might be more or less people in the gym.

The Paradise Guy

11 Cruises and Counting!

Paradise Panama Canal 9.5.04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Undetermined Ship Caribbean 3/20ish 2005:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;3;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks Paradise Guy. I assume that practically every cruise is different, even with the same itinery. Weather changes, passengers are different, etc. I am looking for opinions from everyone/anyone who might have been in this cabin on the Paradise or even the Elation.

NCL Sea 10-89

Carnival Elation 7-00

Carnival Paradise 12-04

• 3 months later...

Thanks Kathy.

Serene 56- I went to the Carnival webite but the choices to view cabins were Inside, Outside, and Suite. The Suite tour looks to be of a Cat. 12, with that huge couch.

I've been able to view Cat. 11's through pictures people have posted on Webshots; they seem pretty nice.

Ted,

I thought you might enjoy these pictures. I took my nephews to Catalina Island this past week and we sailed passed the Paradise. They took these pictures of her docked in Long Beach.

The first picture gives you an idea of where the Category 11's are located.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/197833178/197837074YPUSpS

The second picture shows you were the Category 12's are located.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/197833178/197837135xvEqfZ

Thanks Kathy! The pics give me a good idea of where both are located. Any idea what that is just above the red/white/blue Carnival logo and just below the furthest forward lifeboat? Almost looks like a big balcony but it can't as they're only on Verandah and Upper decks, right?

Ted,

I believe the big balcony you are looking at is actually the walk way on the deck below the Verandah deck demi suite cabins. This is the Lido deck. When you are sitting on your balcony in the Category 11 rooms, you can see the people walking by down there.

Kathy and serene, thanks for clearing that up. Nice to know the Lido walkway is not directly level with our balcony.

serene, have a great cruise on Legend!

It's also nice to see we'll be docking in Catalina, as opposed to tendering which we did on Celebrity Mercury last year.

It's also nice to see we'll be docking in Catalina, as opposed to tendering which we did on Celebrity Mercury last year.
No, you do tender in Catalina. There is no dock or pier large enough to handle a cruise ship in Catalina.

I was in a cat. 11 on the Paradise. It is a nice room. We had three in the room. The balcony is small (narrow) with only 2 of those white plastic chairs. It is not private. You look down on people walking the deck below and they look up at you. I do not think it is worth the money to book this room.

Tedson,

Regarding square footage of the Paradise category 11's, this is straight from AAdvantagecruise.com's website...

Large Private Balcony Suites 11 feature a private balcony, queen-sized bed and convertible sofa, sitting area, private bathroom with shower, phone, minibar, wall safe, and TV/VCR with first-run movies. The following staterooms have partially obstructed views: V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, and V42. 220-sq.-ft. suite. 30-sq.-ft. balcony.

Vince

I've seen both figures mentioned in various websites, Vince. I think it'll be a nice room, regardless. Balcony is another matter however; never had one that small. Then again, in December, chances are we won't be using it a whole lot.

Thanks for the tender information Kathy.

Just a quick ? How do I get one of those cute countdown clocks for my signature. And just how do I get a signature anyway . Thank you :D

Donele, for the countdown clock, try this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=88934

To add a signture, click on USER CP on the menu bar near the top of the screen. There should be a menu item for signatures.

-Ted

Archived