So excited!

Just booked the 4/26/19 sailing on the Navigator of the Seas! This will be our first RCI cruise; after having done Carnival, Princess and Celebrity. Looks as if the ship will be in dry dock in the beginning of next year. I am excited to see what changes will be made. It’s still 260 days away, but I’m already looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I clicked on your post because the boards are getting inundated with complaints. It is great to see someone excited! My oldest daughter and her husband are joining us for their second cruise and both are VERY excited. Having everyone together on Anthem gives me great excitement! So, happy sailing. The excitement builds as the date gets closer. I started at 430 days (everyone’s calendar meshed), and we are down to 188 days.

Just booked the 4/26/19 sailing on the Navigator of the Seas! This will be our first RCI cruise; after having done Carnival, Princess and Celebrity. Looks as if the ship will be in dry dock in the beginning of next year. I am excited to see what changes will be made. It’s still 260 days away, but I’m already looking forward to it!

I hope you have an awesome trip! We were on Navigator for a transatlantic in 2016 and really loved the ship :D

Half the fun is the planning. These boards are a great help

I completely agree! I spend DAYS perusing cruise critic as soon as I begin to plan a cruise. We are heading on the Mariner of the Seas next month and already looking at booking the next cruise for Feb 2019. The only thing that makes ending a cruise consolable is having another one already booked!

We booked 577 days ago an embarkation day is Sunday..... I feel your waiting pain and excitement [emoji3]

Thanks for all the responses. Our last cruise (on Celebrity) wasn’t all that great, unfortunately. Hoping that Royal will get me back on track, and make me love cruising again! Any pro tips I should know about the Navigator?

Any pro tips I should know about the Navigator?

Beautiful ship. Don't miss the ice show (free).

Check out the helipad (deck 5 front of ship) -- get there by going outside on deck 4 and walking up some front stairs, or by going out a door on the starboard side of the front deck 5 lounge.

Cafe Promenade (deck 5) is open most all the time and has the best free coffee IMO.

There will likely be a parade and a 70's disco party (different nights) on deck 5 (the Royal Promenade).

We are booked on the Navigator for 11/23 also. Final payment is due next week. RCCI has my gift certificates from AARP & I am waiting for them to post the credit. I have been studying the deck plans & the pictures RC has been sending me. It looks great so I am really excited to try a new ship. I am also traveling a new way to get there (by train). I have rented a scooter for hubby instead of driving down & bringing his with us. He'll use his rollator until he get on the ship.

There are also a lot of great tips on these boards. I have learned so much from these experienced cruisers. Some I didn't pay enough attention to & suffered the consequences. My own fault.

Enjoy your cruise.

It looks great so I am really excited to try a new ship. I am also traveling a new way to get there (by train).

Enjoy your cruise.

I had thought about taking the train too. I've decided to fly Thanksgiving Day instead. Got a fairly good deal on an early morning nonstop flight out of Norfolk, VA. I'm really getting excited about this trip. I've decided to make it my first "solo" cruise and make it a true adventure.

I look forward to meeting you aboard ship. - Iris

We’re on board Navigator now. Purchased the ultimate dining package and the food so far has been outstanding, well worth the money. Very quiet in the restaurants.

All the staff are very friendly and great at their jobs.

A little crowded inside due to weather outside as very windy.

Anyone have any questions?

Will try and answer them.

I had thought about taking the train too. I've decided to fly Thanksgiving Day instead. Got a fairly good deal on an early morning nonstop flight out of Norfolk, VA. I'm really getting excited about this trip. I've decided to make it my first "solo" cruise and make it a true adventure.

I look forward to meeting you aboard ship. - Iris

Not sailing on this cruise, but had to say HELLO to a fellow Hampton Roads Resident (Portsmouth) we cruise a lot and dont find many from home...EnJoY your cruise!!!

In case you'd like to connect with cruisers going on the Navigator the same week as you, go here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2631721

CHEERS!!:cool::*

Beautiful ship. Don't miss the ice show (free).

Check out the helipad (deck 5 front of ship) -- get there by going outside on deck 4 and walking up some front stairs, or by going out a door on the starboard side of the front deck 5 lounge.

Cafe Promenade (deck 5) is open most all the time and has the best free coffee IMO.

There will likely be a parade and a 70's disco party (different nights) on deck 5 (the Royal Promenade).

I was on the Navigator several years ago and really enjoyed it. I agree that the ice show and the disco party/parade were very enjoyable. Cafe Promenade was also a good place to pick up a quick pastry for breakfast before an excursion without the crowds at the buffet.

Not sailing on this cruise, but had to say HELLO to a fellow Hampton Roads Resident (Portsmouth) we cruise a lot and dont find many from home...EnJoY your cruise!!!

Just skirted through Portsmouth Sunday on my way home from the Mountains of Virginia!!!