Carnival Triumph-stateroom 1066-Panorama deck

Colette

Has anyone stayed in this room? This will be the first time staying on the Panorama deck and was wondering how this particular room was. Thanks for any information you can give me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on Nov. 20th and I always choose my stateroom, but this is the first time on Panorama deck-I picked this room because it was at the end and closest to the middle of the ship. We have sailed on the triumph 3 times already and it's our favorite. We had a cat 11 suite one time when the prices went down and I upgraded-it was so nice. They are all close together and in the middle so you can't go wrong-have a great cruise and be sure to report when you get back. I read everything I can!

Hi again,

This is our second time on the Triumph. Last time we had an 8A balcony. We booked that this time as well but when I did some math it came out to be 50$ more per person for a suite guarantee. I didn't think I could let that go. My brother and sister in law also upgraded. I cant wait for this cruise just because of the room difference. Do you think it's a lot bigger then what we had before? It sure looks like it on the pictures i've seen but they can be misleading. We just want to have room for all our stuff and not feel like we are on top of each other. Ill let you know how the ship is when we get back.

-Patty

The room is a little bigger,where the beds are, and there is a nice bar area where the T.V. is, with a VCR. There is a dressing room between the bedroom and bathroom, with a nice built in table, with chair and mirror-perfect for putting on make-up and doing hair. There is also an extra closet in this room-narrow, but with lots of shelves. Then the bathroom is a little bigger and has a jacuzzi tub. I loved the tub-put bubble bath in it and had bubbles up the wall!! The balcony was also a little larger than the cat. 8-that's how we ended up with the suite-$50 more each-well worth it, but I wouldn't pay $400 each more for it. You will have plenty of room for everything and if you haven't tried it-your suitcases will fit under the beds-I never realized this at first and wasted much closet space putting them in there. I'm going to watch my cruise for price drops when I get closer and maybe will be able to upgrade again, also. ENJOY!

The Panorama Deck is a great location for getting to the pool area. The stairs that go down to the Continent pool and stage are at the end of the panorama deck and that's where all the action is during the day. It's also where you have to get up early if you want to get a deck chair near the pool, due to the saving of chairs. I find it too crowded for me, although there are tables off to the sides where you can sit and have something to eat and listen to the music or watch the pool games. There are quieter areas to sit along the sides of the decks. Have a great cruise and let us know how you like the triumph.

hi footballmom,

the pool deck on the triumph is in tiered levels. the higher you go the more chairs and sun you will find. but you will be farther from the pool area. the higher levels also are a great vantage point for people watching. i always grab a chair higher up, its too crowded right up next to the pool for me. kids screamin and splashing, mom's yelling for kids not to scream and splash. im on vacation to get away from screamin and splashing kids of my own. no offence if you are bringing your little ones. but thats the advantage of tiered deck levels. have fun

-Patty

Majika,

Thanks! Oh, my little one is 20 and will be staying home this year!! And I'm a teacher so definitely don't need that bother. Ha,ha! Those are the 2 main things I am interested in--people watching and sun! So will I want to be near a railing also?

Another question--is there a refrigerator in the room?

hi footballmom,

i believe there are only fridges in the suites. we had an 8A last time on the Triumph and no fridge. We sat up near the water slide for sunning. Could still see and hear everything. Just a bit of a hike to the bathroom or for a snack. Of course the waiters are always on hand to bug you with never ending drink orders. By the time they get back to you you have a nicely watered pina colada from the melted ice. But I'm still gonna give it the ole college try and get me a chocolate martini.

I'll be sailing in 1 month...yiphhheeeeee

-Patty

OH yea, since this is your first cruise, one word of caution. The sun is hotter in the caribbean and burns long and hard. So if you want sunning, just turn so you wont burn! and get some good quality sunblock.

My first cruise on the Norway lead to a nicely blistered back and legs. Made for a rather unpleasant and painful trip. I tan very well too so if you dont think you can get a burn think again.

Just trying to save you the same pain I had the first time out.

No fridge! okay!

Chocolate martini!! Does it taste like chocolate? I'm really not into regular martinis though. Any other good drinks I should try?

Thanks for the tip on the sunscreen!! I do tan easily even though I have light hair. But I know to be careful when I first go to the beach. But this might be stronger than I am used to. I was taking an 8 but sounds like I need something higher to be safe!

Thanks for your help!

Hey Footballmom..how ya doing?

Chocolate martinis are to die for and yes, if made correctly they taste just like chocolate. Im not a big drinker but when on a cruise we have our cocktail and people watch from one of the hot spots. Pina colada, margarita's and long island iced teas all work for me. I have one and im silly. well i have none and im still silly but thats another story.

as for sunblock, if you are a blondie i'd go higher then an 8 and try to get in as much sun as you can before you go. I used to go tanning before a cruise but ive been in the pool a lot so at least i have something for that burn (i know ill get regardless) to lay down on top of. see im a blondie too but my roots have a mind of their own and keep coming out brown. :) arent you going like next week? you better get cracking with the tanning then. lol

I'm fine! And you?

I just may have to try a chocolate martini! and I already know I will try a margarita, pina colada, strawberry daiquiri and something with kahlua!! Oh my!

I am a dark blonde. I too needs help with coloring because it is graying!! I've gotten to pool 4 times and am dark but I know I need more sun. Am going to try and go swimming 3 times next week. We fly to Miami on July 29th and then the cruise is July 31! My birthday is the 30th! I'm so excited.

oh yes and i just had a thought..wow imagine that!! me with a thought..lol they have daily drink specials. you pay to get that big plastic cup then i think they will refill it with the specials for like 3 bucks. ive never done that but i think thats how it goes. we saw some fairly plastered couples last cruise with those big cups, some with one in each hand. i think staggering is so...unbecoming, especially on a moving vessel. ive got nothing against drinking mind you but geez god dont fall over a stair railing or worse, deck railing. sea water is not good for the hair. lol

Yes, would be nice. I notice our # of posts hasn't changed our whole chat. Also, mine says 85 posts and there is no way I posted 85 times!

Well off to bed. Big day tomorrow. Going up to State College, PA(Penn State Univ. area) to do Super Doubles (double $1 coupons). It will be a long day. Talk to you soon! Take care!

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Hope you have fun doing double super $1 coupons. Pardon my ignorance, but what does that mean in english?

you are doing eastern caribbean?? what do you have planned? we are going to sapphire beach in st thomas and orient in st maarten. as for san juan, i dont even know why they bother to stop there. ive read on here and my brother and sister in law have been there, that there are a lot of beggers in the streets in san juan. just what i want on a vacation, someone else asking me for money.

oh wait... i have a web site that tells you what ship is in port in st maarten. lemme get that for you.

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/sxm/home/cruise_sched.html

just realized its not going to do you any good..you dont get to st maarten until aug and they only post for the current month. oh well..sorry. maybe you can figure it out from there. its a pain when there are tons of other ships in port when you are. too many people all trying to do the same things.

-Patty

Hi Patty,

In plain English it means the grocery stores double $1.00 coupons(sometimes triple them). I got $941 worth of stuff for $81!! I'm quite happy!

Thanks for the website. I think the Caribbean Princess will be in port when we are.

Truthfully, we haven't decided what we are doing on the islands!! I have read many things and I am just so confused!!

Lucy

Hey Lucy,

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. been away at my horror writers convention. im exhausted now.

wow i wish they had double triple super doper coupon days like that here. my hubby works at the local market so i know what the sales will be for the following week ahead of time. really doesnt do me any good though, its all still expensive.

where are you going? eastern or western? we have mostly done western. and i love it. this will be different for us this time. ive been eastern before but about 10 years ago. ill have to go back and look and see if you told me where yuo are going. ok i looked..you didnt tell me.

if you are going western..you have to do sting ray city in grand cayman. doh..wait i can check where you are heading on here. hang on.

ok i got it now..eastern. scratch sting ray city then. beaches and shopping in eastern as far as i can tell.

you have a good night lucy..

-Patty

Archived