Pre\post cruise visit in Barcelona

hrmkr

Hello everyone,

On Saturday, we are arriving into Barcelona at 8:30 AM after taking the red-eye from the US. We are getting on our ship (Norwegian Epic) on Sunday. After we return, we are staying 3 additional days touring Barcelona.

I have come up with a (sort of) itinerary of what we are going to do.

Pre-Cruise:

Saturday: after dropping off our luggage at the hotel, going to do the Hop on/Hop off tour to get a good taste of the city and to stay active to fight off the jet lag. In the evening, we are planning on visiting the Magic Fountain for the show after dinner. If we are able to stay awake.

Sunday: Since we want to be on the ship around noon or 1:00 PM, we may sleep in a little bit , grab breakfast and walk around Las Ramblas and see la Boqueria before heading to the ship.

Post-Cruise:

Sunday: After debarking the ship, dropping our luggage off at the hotel. Visiting the Picasso Museum and Casa Batilo. Also, walking around the Gothic area

Monday: Going to Sangrada Familia in the morning and Parc Guell in the afternoon. I will book ahead for these stops. Probably walk around Las Ramblas some more. Here is where I need some additional stuff to do.

Tuesday: Visiting Montserrat. May need more to do here. Depends on how long we stay at Montserrat

Wednesday: Fly home

Please let me know how I did in planning our stay. Please make any suggestions/recommendations on other things to do/see. I know we could spend many more days and still not have enough time. We want to hit most of the primary highlights of the city.

Thank you for your help.

Howard

while researching, I saw the FC Barcelona has a home match the night we arrive in Barcelona. We are soccer fans and this would be a dream to be able to see them play at Camp Nou. Definitely something to check off a bucket list.

while researching, I saw the FC Barcelona has a home match the night we arrive in Barcelona. We are soccer fans and this would be a dream to be able to see them play at Camp Nou. Definitely something to check off a bucket list.

You may want to take a look at Tom's Port Guides. It's a wonderful resource!

http://www.tomsportguides.com/mediterranean-cruises.html

Hi Howard-- I would make sure la Boqueria is open. I believe they may be closed on Sunday. We are doing two days in Barcelona before a cruise in the fall and have noticed a lot is closed on Sunday so plan accordingly!