Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Bequia,

Your are truly an angel to take the time to organize all this data. It really makes it easier for those of us who don't really know the area to get a feel for it.

Hopefully it can be made into a "sticky" so it is available quickly at the top of the board.

I have booked a night pre-cruise but I am still working on a night post cruise. This will certainly make my job easier.

Rockinron, We stayed there last year & had no complaints. They have a shuttle from the airport & to the pier. It was clean & had a nice pool. We booked it on skyauction.com & got it for a total of 95.00.

Hi Bequia! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. This is a wonderful asset to those of us who sail out of Ft. Lauderdale and don't what the heck we're doing :D .

I agree that your post should be made a "sticky"!

rude

One entry found for rude.

Main Entry: rude

Pronunciation: 'rüd

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): rud·er; rud·est

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin rudis; probably akin to Latin rudus rubble

1 a : being in a rough or unfinished state : CRUDE <rude line illustrations>

The airport Hilton is very nice. Also you might want to try Priceline for four star in the "downtown" area. In the past we have won the Renaissance which was very very nice!!!

Great,awesome,excellent!!!!!!!!Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate all your efforts. We are booked at the Extendedstay for next March so it is great to be able to see where it is at and the area.

Thanks again!!!

Bequia,

Are you sure Thrifty rental still has a location near the port? When I use your link and try to reserve at the Thrifty site, it said " no such location".

Can't rent from budget because the trunk is too small in their convertibles:D

For now I reserved at the airport post cruise - I hope Thrifty has a shuttle.

Bequia,

Are you sure Thrifty rental still has a location near the port? When I use your link and try to reserve at the Thrifty site, it said " no such location".

For now I reserved at the airport post cruise - I hope Thrifty has a shuttle.

Sure I'm sure. The location is listed as 'Thrifty Ft.Lauderdale', 2400 Miami Road, Ft Lauderdale, FL.

Try calling their local number directly - 954-463-2958 ;)

The number of "Park N' Cruise" hotels in Fort Lauderdale seems to have dwindled down to "0". Americsuites no longer offers this package, and now charges $12 per day.

We are booked on a holiday cruise, leaving 12/24/07 and returning 1/2/08. Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

The number of "Park N' Cruise" hotels in Fort Lauderdale seems to have dwindled down to "0". Americsuites no longer offers this package, and now charges $12 per day.

We are booked on a holiday cruise, leaving 12/24/07 and returning 1/2/08. Any suggestions?:rolleyes:

Three still remain, LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood, Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach as well as the Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North all offer park n cruise packages. ;)

http://www.parksleepfly.com/reservation/index.php?referredBy=5200&trackID=paf

It is huge, some really good bargains. It's only 20-30 minutes away.

Unfortunately from the port cab fares are going to be steep ($50+). It's an easy drive, if you can rent a car you'd save a bundle.

Unfortunately, hiring a car for a day is likely to be more expensive then hiring a taxi. UK visitors have to pay separate car insurance. We have not received the Princess book on tours - they may include a coach ride to the Mall. Anyone know?

I've created a map of the Ft Lauderdale area hotels and attractions. Hopefully it will give you an idea of the layout of the area. In the left column is the list of hotels, just click on the name and it will point it out on the map. Zooming in will make map display less cluttered. I'll post three links for the three differant views. It's a work in progress, I'll be updating it continually with restaurants and local attractions. Let me know what you think, suggestions for improvement welcome. Bequia

Oh wow! Thank you for the time and effort that you put into this. My DH is a retired engineer and his enthusiasm for your map parallels his love of a spreadsheet.:) Didn't expect to find our hotel on the map 'cause were not close to the port but the Marriot TowneSuites is on there along with everything else we might need to know.

Thanks again!

Unfortunately, hiring a car for a day is likely to be more expensive then hiring a taxi. UK visitors have to pay separate car insurance. We have not received the Princess book on tours - they may include a coach ride to the Mall. Anyone know?

We use Larrys Limo service quite often with never a problem. Perhaps they can offer you a decent hourly rate for a limosine hire. You can reach them TOLL FREE at 1-800-611-6631, dialing direct at 954-473-6631

Bequia,

Thanks for the maps. Your hard work is much appreciated and so helpful. Someone mentioned the Cocobelle (on another thread). It is a smaller hotel apparently in more of a residential area. Have you heard anything about this hotel?

Thanks

I am thinking of booking the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port for Dec for 1 night pre cruise......We are going on a New Years cruise and it seems like so is everyone else because alot of the hotels are sold out already.....or are over 400 a night

so if anyone knows anything about this hotel please tell, tell.....

Jodi

Jodi, It's a good clean hotel we were there in April. Free shuttle from the airport and breakfast. It has been mentioned here alot mostly favorably.

The Sleep Inn in Dania, about 20 min from FLL airport and about the same to the cruise terminal. I checked just to see if something was available there is. $129.00 a night for a king hope this helps.

Dianne

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=FL664&sid=lmCI.An$A0gLpl.3&sarea=5599&sname=Dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=26.051944732666016&slon=-80.1441650390625&schain=Z&exp=&scity=Dania&sort=&month=12&day=30&depart_month=12&depart_day=31&nroom=1&nadult1=2&nchild1=0&nadult2=1&nchild2=0&nadult3=1&nchild3=0&nadult4=1&nchild4=0&nadult5=1&nchild5=0

Jodi, I haven't stayed at the Comfort Inn maybe someone here can help you out on that. You might consider booking the Sleep Inn so you know you have a room, there is no money up front just hold with your credit card and you can cancel it with out a fee up to 2 days before. Confirm that with them but that's how it was for our booking. The Comfort Inn might be in a area with more to do., I bet Bequia could tell us that she's a wealth of information and lives there.

Good luck,

Dianne

Archived