Best hotel with young kids, MIL and parking?

nmuhockey12

I will be flying down to MIA with kids (4&6) in January on a Friday morning and meeting up with my husband and mother in law either that day or the next in anticipation of sailing on the Allure that Sunday. Meanwhile, I’m prepared (I think, although I’ve never done it!) to Uber from MIA to the hotel with the kids as I doubt my husband will be there yet. (They are driving down so we can post cruise in the keys without having to rent a car,his idea not mine lol). I will probably need to check in early with minimal luggage (car seats and backpacks, maybe one bag if any). Would love a pool to play in, food close by, maybe if I’m pushing it a park or playground even. I thought I wanted to be on the ocean but after much research it feels like the cost of that wouldn’t be worth it. We have always cruised out of FLL and got as close to the beach as possible up there so we could walk and walk but Miami appears to be a different animal. We obviously are not wanting to be part of the party scene so it sounds like we should avoid South Beach (maybe we just drive out there?!?). Thought maybe I could find a nice bay view room but that seems harder than I thought As well. Reading through these boards and trip advisor there are much recommendations for Hampton Brickell-would this be a kid friendly area where we could explore the surrounding area and be safe? The breakfast buffet looks awesome and I see there are plenty of other good restaurants close for other meals plus Publix! There appears to be self parking in the building for a fee which appears to be unheard of so that’s a plus for when hubby gets there. However, when I attempt to make a reservation for five the online system doesn’t let me. I’m not sure what day my husband and MIL will be down and would hate to have to buy a second room not knowing if we really need it or not. I’m sure even if they got down there Friday night we could make it work, the kids are little and can sleep anywhere. Has anyone had this situation (or close) and just got the one room anyway or is that going to be an issue? Or, should I be looking elsewhere? Obviously there are a billion hotels around to choose from, but I’d like something nice, affordable and with stuff to do around it that can accommodate our party. Thanks so much for your help and sorry for the long winded post - just a MIA newbie out of my comfort zone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A little further away from the Hampton, but there is a Homewood Suites in the same area that should easily accommodate your crowd into one room and offers a great hot breakfast. Any good hotel should be happy to store your bags if your room is not ready while you enjoy lunch, etc.

I would also call the Hampton Inn, not the 1-800 number, and speak to a reservation agent about your needs.

Have a great cruise! :D

What is your budget?

I would maybe suggest checking out options at Hollywood beach. There are boutique hotels that are very inexpensive.

Are you driving and parking at the port? The cost to park at the port may offset your rental car cost... Something to consider. It's $22/day.