Balcony Guarantee

stleda124

I agree. I track the inventory as best I can on the sailings I am booked for. There is a clear pattern of categories selling out from cheapest to most expensive. So, generally speaking, the staterooms that are still available late in the game are the most expensive ones, NOT the worst ones.

How do I check the inventory?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems that it isn’t consistent. Cannot hurt to ask....asking is free!

And sometimes when one person says no it’s actually valuable to call a different person. I booked a balcony for my next cruise and although it was not a sale away category because they were low on rooms I had to except a guarantee room. Problem with this was that I need an accessible room in order to fit my mobility scooter through the door. I called and asked NCL for an accessible room and the girl told me that I would have to pay $200 more to book a family balcony instead of regular balcony because that’s the category of room that still had accessible cabins available. Keep in mind the only difference between the family balconies and the regular balconies is which floor they are on. Indeed I would normally not even want to be on the same floor as tons of screaming kids. The next day I called the accessibility desk and the man there that there said there are plenty of accessible balcony cabins! He proceeded to assign me to one right then and there. Now it is true that I was not permitted to just pick my room. But at least I was assigned to a room that I could actually get into with my scooter and go to bed at night! So it all worked out great! Ultimately the cruise line is not trying to piss off their customers. If it is possible to make you happy without any loss of revenue on their part then they will do it!

How do I check the inventory?

Unfortunately, the only way we have access to as general customers is to do "mock bookings" through the NCL site. Act like you are going to book a room and get to the screen where you can select your room. It will show a maximum of 15 available rooms in you chosen category, so there is no way to know if there are more than that available. As categories sell out, they will revert to GTY and eventually say "Sold Out". On the cruises I have sailed on and tracked inventory for, any "family" rooms sell out the most slowly. But for normal rooms, it always goes from lowest price to highest. So BF sells out, then BE, then BD, then BC, then BB, then BA. So if you book a GTY or sail away late int he game, I suspect you are actually more likely to get a higher category.

Unfortunately, the only way we have access to as general customers is to do "mock bookings" through the NCL site. Act like you are going to book a room and get to the screen where you can select your room. It will show a maximum of 15 available rooms in you chosen category, so there is no way to know if there are more than that available. As categories sell out, they will revert to GTY and eventually say "Sold Out". On the cruises I have sailed on and tracked inventory for, any "family" rooms sell out the most slowly. But for normal rooms, it always goes from lowest price to highest. So BF sells out, then BE, then BD, then BC, then BB, then BA. So if you book a GTY or sail away late int he game, I suspect you are actually more likely to get a higher category.

Thanks!