Changes on QM2

Josie8

Currently travelling back from NewYork on QM2 transatlantic round trip.

New menu format changes in Britannia and no longer hot chocolate on room service - you are just being given sachets of hot chocolate and told to make it yourself. What is bizzarre is that on the way to New York it was the same as usual - it has literally just changed today .

No doubt will discover more changes tomorrow. Will be interested to hear what others have to say.

Cunard are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't . As part of the remastering program Cunard provided kettles in all staterooms , mainly due to feed back from former (disillusioned) P&O customers, who are now flocking over to Cunard Line. ;)

Packets of hot chocolate and other bed time drinks have always been available in the kings court/Lido for the guest to prepare. So if guests are quite happy to use their tea/coffee making facilities in their staterooms, then providing sachets of hot chocolate alongside tea bags and coffee, this makes common sense.

My last voyage was the first with the in suite coffee machine. I never used it I never figured out how to and was to proud to ask the Butler. I did use the kettle for my preferred Fortnum and Mason Royal blend tea for my wake up. A box of 16 tea bags got me all the way from Hamburg to New York.