Lodging in Soldotna

envirochick

Wondering if anyone can help with this. I’ve posted on TA and am not getting a response.

I need advice on lodging in Soldotna. It’s just an overnight stay. Have looked at the Aspen and Best Western. Both get mediocre reviews, but there’s not a lot to choose from. Looking for a clean room with a comfortable bed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It's been a few years but I've stay at both the Aspen & the Best Western. I'd probably prefer the Aspen but either is decent.

Have you looked at this list: https://directory.soldotnachamber.com/list/ql/accommodations-1.htm ?

I have not looked there yet. I will now. Most of the cabins, vrbo’s and air bnb’s don’t make sense for one night once you add in all the fees. They’re more geared towards longer stays. That’s why I’m gravitating to a simple motel. Thanks.

Wondering if anyone can help with this. I’ve posted on TA and am not getting a response.

I need advice on lodging in Soldotna. It’s just an overnight stay. Have looked at the Aspen and Best Western. Both get mediocre reviews, but there’s not a lot to choose from. Looking for a clean room with a comfortable bed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last year about the 1st week of June we stayed two nights at the Soldotna Inn. It's just a block or so off the Sterling Highway on the Kenai Spur Hwy - right near plenty of restaurants and other places for groceries, drug store, etc.

We payed $115 per night for a two queen bed room. The place was not fancy but it was clean. There's an interior hallway plus an outside entrance - sort of a front and back door. The lady at the front desk was very nice - I can't remember if it included breakfast but we weren't interested anyway.

The best part (to me) was that the room had what appeared to be fairly new Tempur-Pedic style mattresses. I had never slept on that kind of mattress and I slept well! The room was also very quiet plus there was good cable TV and fast wifi. The only negative I can think of is that the room was a little warm - we remedied that by leaving the window open a little. The room was more like a junior suite because there was a couch and chair in a small alcove by the front door.

We were only interested in a place to sleep and not that it be top of the line or fancy. Our trip was a two week road trip all over the state and the full day between the two nights we drove down to Homer for the day. We would 100% stay there again.

P.S. The morning we were leaving the folks in the room next door had left fairly early so the maid was cleaning it - the door was open with a full view of the room. It was a king bedded room with an interesting extra - there was a huge mirror on the ceiling above the bed! :o Ha Ha

As i said, we'd 100% stay there again, no problem. I give Soldotna Inn two thumbs up!

35476850676_45e5915014_b.jpg