Just back from cave-tubing.com with Yhony

stacybbb

We just returned from a cruise on Legend of the Seas. We were with my 3 kids 8, 11 and 14. We went on an independent tour with cave-tubing.com. We decided not to go with the RCI tour because it was double the price and kids had to be 12 to go.

Yhony, the owner of the company, made several promises to me and he kept every one of them.

1. safety is first

2. the walk to the river is easy enough. It was a 45 min walk

3. he would be the guide for my family of 5

4. he would ensure my kids never got separated from us

5. the water is refreshing

We had a blast. When we were finished hiking. Some of us were lowered into the river and others jumped 10-15 feet (my 8 yo included). We went thru 2 caves and down the river a bit. Those on the RCI tour tried to hook onto our tour as they are simply put in the water and float alone. On Yhony's tour, we all link up via our feet and Yhony paddled us thru the cave system. He would not let go of one of us the entire way thru the caves. We were very impressed with him as well as Tigre, Junior and Dennis.

There were about 40 of us in total on the tour, but there was 1 guide assigned to 4-7 people. We stopped for a quick lunch of chicken, rice and beans on the way back. It was very good.

I highly recommend this tour with cave-tubing.com

Let me know if you have any questions

We just returned from a cruise on Legend of the Seas. We were with my 3 kids 8, 11 and 14. We went on an independent tour with cave-tubing.com. We decided not to go with the RCI tour because it was double the price and kids had to be 12 to go.

I highly recommend this tour with cave-tubing.com

Let me know if you have any questions

Sounds like fun. How was the initial pickup handled at the ship? How long was the tour?

Can you provide this tour's contact number/email? Thx.

Sounds like fun. How was the initial pickup handled at the ship? How long was the tour?

Can you provide this tour's contact number/email? Thx.

The email is www.cave-tubing.com The owners name is Yhony and he will email you any info you'd like. We were picked up just past the port shops. Yhony will hold up a big sign with your name on it. We didn't travel via tour bus. He had a school bus with tour bus type seats in it. The tour was about 5 hours. However, don't worry about timing. Yhony knows when you have to be back and will ensure that you are back.

Here's the story: His tour company is independent. If he screws anything up, it will be posted here. And, then, he will lose business. Belize is not a wealthy country.....this wouldn't be good for him. So, Yhony and the others go the extra mile to ensure complete satisfaction. I'm a tough critic and also leary of people and I was completely satisfied.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Stacy

Stacy -- All your posts today have been so helpful...We leave Saturday same cruise itinerary, same ship & we are booked with Yhony. You have me so excited I can hardly work!

What type of shoes do you recommend? Are we correct in assuming we wear the same shoes for hike and keep them on for tubing?

Thanks! What would we do without this board???

I wore Teva sandals as did my husband and son. One daughter wore water shoes and the other wore Keen sandals. If you have none of the above, you can rent water shoes there for a few dollars. Just be sure they fit securely as you will be linking your feet under another's arms to form a chain. The same pair of shoes is worn for the whole day.

Please tell Yhony that Stacy from Chicago says hello. Also, tell Alex at the purser's desk hello.

Stacy

Archived